Chapter 26

Dream finally went up to the house and entered through the doors. He took his armor out of his hands and dropped in on to the ground. He looked up at me.

I stared at his calming face. He looked so different without his mask. He almost looked like a person that couldn't cause harm to another.

I almost laughed at the irony that his face maskless was the real mask, hiding who he really was. 

"I am not sleeping in the same bed as you. The floor looks pretty comfortable," I only half joke.

He shook his head at the comment. "Just because we are in a different place it doesn't change things of the contract. I am your husband now and things are different."

I tried to ignore the title he now had in my life. "You aren't my husband Dream. I will never love you like a wife should."

He almost winced at the words I shouted at him. He paused for a moment. The silence was loud in it's own way. 

"I am sorry (Y/n)," he said in a low voice.

I don't care. Does he not get that I don't care about his meaningless apologies, they mean absolutely nothing.

He can apologize a thousand times but I am still stuck in a life he chose for me.

"Then give me a choice if you are sorry. Let me leave if I want."

He sighed almost like he predicted I would say it. "No, I will not give you the choice, only because you would make the wrong one."

He took a breath before continuing, "You would pick your life in the small cottage going back to your little importance you had. You will be overlooked by everyone despite the sacrifice you made for them. And do you honestly think Tommy wants you back? You do realize he knows you could've died that day. He knows that there is a constant threat in your life and he doesn't care. He doesn't care about you anymore."

I tried to see a hint of lying or manipulation but I think he was right. At least at the part that Tommy knew I could've died and he didn't come back for me. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he hired the pig man to do the job, he probably hates me for the person he believes I have become.

I just wanted to go back to before I met Dream and signed that contract. I want my simple life back, the one that bored me. I miss pondering about what it would be like to wear a dress and fearing about an upcoming war. I miss going to the flower field with Tommy and opening my mailbox to a letter from Tubbo. I miss looking in the mirror and being proud of who I saw in it.

My emotions were becoming too much to handle and I started to cry. I tried to stop because I didn't want him to see me broken but at the same time I did. I wanted him to see how broken I was because he was the one that did it. I wanted him to realize that no matter what he did to try and win my heart it wouldn't work because the one I had was in pieces.

Dream walked over to me and grabbed my chin so I was now consumed with his emerald eyes. He took his hand and wiped the tears off my cheek.

"I am so alone." I whimpered out. I had nobody anymore, no one besides Dream at least but he didn't really count

He looked me in the eyes and I saw a flicker of pain cross through his eyes. I couldn't tell if it was what I said or if it was the look on my face that did it.

"Tell me what I can do," he pleaded.

Honestly what can he do? It isn't like he can force Tommy to care about me again. I wonder if I could ask if I could go to L'Manburg again and he wouldn't have a war against us.

I think if I asked he wouldn't go to war with my country. I think despite him not knowing what love is he would do it because he believes he does love me. But why would I go back to a country that doesn't even want me back. Maybe if I just talked to Tommy, just to see if Dream was telling the truth about him no longer caring for me.

"Sleep on the floor and tomorrow you take me to talk to Tommy." I demanded trying to sound strong. Trying to contrast my weak, whimpering voice earlier.

"Deal," he said without any hesitation.

Hey guys I know it has been awhile since I posted and it isn't because I have lost interest in the story. It is just I honestly am contemplating the whole smut thing. I read some comments and I can't tell what you guys want. Y'all are hella entertaining but so confusing.

If I were to ever do it, I would put a bold message for a warning when it will start and another bold message when it ended so if you didn't want to read it you could skip and not miss anything important.

I wish there were polls cause I need one bad. So I put two comments, one for smut and the other for no smut. Just reply under the one you want and whatever has more I will do.

Love you guys and thanks for being patient with me. <3