Chapter 25

"Leaving to where?" I sit up from the bed.

He goes over to his closet and starts putting stuff in his backpack. He didn't bother answering my question.

"Fine, can Christmas at least come with?"

I didn't want to be separated from my cat again.

"No," he simply says, "Too dangerous."

I guess he wasn't wrong, the pain of my cat dying because I selfishly wanted her to come with would be a lot to handle.

"Okay fine if you won't tell me where we are going then will you at least tell me why we are leaving?"

He looks up from what he was doing to look at me. "I can't tell you that either."

"Then I am not going." I cross my arms around my chest looking like a pouting child.

He takes a moment to consider. "A lot is going down in Manburg soon, politically. That is why it is best we leave because now that you let out that murderer we can't afford to risk going to any big events. We are just too big of targets right now."

"What is happening in L'Manburg?"

"An election." That is all he tells me and he hands me over the backpack. "Nevermind, I packed for you."

"What election, who is running against Wilbur?"

"No more questions, let's go."

"I am not leaving. In case you forgot those are my people and I am not abandoning them."

He shook his head at me. "Why do you care about them? They abandoned you."

The words felt like a knife in the heart. I gave up so much for those people. I gave up my right to choose the man and life I wanted so they would get their choices and their lives.

Dream was right. Despite my sacrifices they left me in the dust.

"It doesn't even matter. Once the election is over we will return," he tells me.

Before he leads me away I say goodbye to my cat. Again.

How is he so normal right now? Right now it feels like my world has crashed on me. Someone wants me dead, my only friend is Sapnap, and I feel a way I shouldn't about Dream.

My eyes wandered to his hands. They were so perfectly defined by veins and all I could think about was what it would feel for them to be on my neck.

Shit (Y/n) don't think about that.

We slowly made our way to some sort of passage. We reached a railroad with two minecarts. One had a chest and the other was empty.

"Put the backpack in that minecart." Dream pointed at the minecart that contained the chest.

I went over and opened it and put in the backpack.

I quickly realized that Dream and I would have to be in the same one. I swear some force was screwing my life up.

He walks over now standing right next to me. "Excuse me."

I move over and he starts taking off his armour. "What are you doing?"

Not only did his armour protect his life but it also protected me from feeling any warmth from his body. I don't think after what already happened today that I could sit in a minecart with him with only a shirt covering his bare skin.

"I have thorns on the armour, unless you would rather slowly die. In that case I will definitely keep it on," he responds in a sarcastic manner.

Maybe I would rather die at this point.

God (Y/n) you can do this. Don't let him hold this power against you.

He puts his armour in the minecart and then proceeds to push it off into the distance. He walks over to where I am standing.

He takes his hand and puts it on the marks on my neck. He smirks to himself and proceeds to hop in the minecart himself. His back facing the back of the minecart.

I go over and go into it myself. I fit in between his legs, my back facing his chest. Just like that he pulls a lever and we are on our way to the destination.

I didn't want him to think that the closeness of our bodies had any effect on me. However it got more and more difficult to focus when he put his hand on my thigh.

I prayed that he couldn't feel the heat of my body on his own or my heart beating extremely fast.

His thumb moved back and forth on the surface of my leg.

I went over to his hand and took it off. I am not going to let him make me feel the way that I do right now.

I could hear a low chuckle from behind me.

Before I could smack his face the minecart came to a halt. We were there.

I quickly got out of the cart and went to the one with the chest. I glanced up and saw a little log cabin in the middle of a spruce forest.

I was kind of amazed, I have barely explored outside the borders of L'Manburg. I mean besides the flower forest.

I run up to the door and open it.

It was a cute little place and it kind of reminded me of my cottage. Oh gosh, my one bedroom cottage.

I look around and there I see one queen sized bed. One.