Chapter 13

I was seated across from Dream giving me very few options as to where I could look. I glanced towards my fork and wondered if it would even hurt him. He didn't seem to be the least bit concerned despite my murderous look. His armour would protect him from anything that could seriously damage him in this room. How unfortunate.

"Let us start with your... relationship with Tommy," he says leaning back in his chair while looking for any sense of emotion on my face.

I only smile at the thought of what he was implying, maybe if I clarified that what Tommy and I had was merely a friendship he would let the whole bow match end. "My 'relationship' with him is that he is my best friend," I answer his question, "I think you know what that is like, don't you?"

I looked him in the eyes and smirked. If he was going to attack the boy I love then I would attack his.

"(Y/n) he is a citizen of Manburg and he should be celebrating the fact that war won't doom on his country. Yet he doesn't care. He would rather have you then freedom. Don't tell me that friendship was what fueled that."

His words made my heart sink. There was no doubt that Tommy's actions look like some sort of proclamation of love. However, they were not. He was just a guy that made brash decisions and attempting to save me just became his new one.

"Don't kill him," I pleaded as much with words as I did with my eyes. "You out of everyone should know the cruelty of having to watch your best friend die in front of you. Tell me Dream how did it feel? Please don't subject me to the same pain."

His face dropped as he thought about the death of his friend.

It no longer mattered how much armour he wore, he was as vulnerable as someone naked. I scanned his face and saw a part of Dream I had never seen. I almost felt bad for him. Almost.

Soon his whole demeanor changed and he sat a little taller. "I will show you some mercy, something that I wasn't given. You have a choice: either break his heart or I will with the point of my arrow."

Clearly done with all he had to say, he left to leave me behind with my thoughts.

I wanted to break something, something other than a plate. A plate being broken wouldn't affect Dream. I wanted him to hurt. I wanted to break his heart.

I go to my wardrobe and change into pajamas that wouldn't embarrass me in the morning like my previous one did.

As I sat in bed thinking, I couldn't find a way out of the unfortunate situation I was landed in.

Dream's offer of choices wasn't much. He and I both knew I needed no time to decide between the two options. I would break his heart a hundred times if it meant it was still beating. That was just as obvious to me as it was to him.

I wondered if Tommy had been to the flower field since I had been gone. I thought about lying there once again. Thinking of the soft breeze going across my face and the flowery aroma gave me comfort that nothing here has.

Tomorrow would mark the end of whatever future Tommy and I could have had. I cursed myself for even thinking that there could've been a possibility. The moment I had agreed to be Dream's fianceé was the moment that my future with Tommy ended.

My thoughts slowly diminish into darkness as I fall into a deep slumber.