ninety-three; the end of twerk

Since Rachel had come up with the name Pamela Lansbury for their band, Kurt was set to prepare his band and acquire the necessary equipment and songs. Winona was a good sidekick, seeing as despite how busy she was, she'd be willing to help.

The pair sat on the couch, trying to buy some cheap mic stands online when Rachel barged in looking.. different.

"I just had the most incredible experience of my life," She claimed with a grin, the brunette duo sitting up straight and gasping

"Oh, my God. Did you cut your hair?" Asked Kurt, Winona staring in confusion.

"I was feeling stuck. You know, Rupert's amazing, but he has such specific views on everything," She reached for her hair, tugging it off and revealing it was just a wig. The pair sighed in relief, "And it's not like I don't trust his vision, but I felt like I needed to just rebel a little bit in order to have more room to play."

"So he doesn't know that you were wearing a wig?"

"Not at first, but then I told him after rehearsal. He really loved it, and I might get to wear it in the show." 

Kurt tried to lecture her, while Winona got a great idea from Rachel's rebellion. She snuck off to grab a bottle of limoncello that they had been saving and rushed back.

"Guys, I have an idea."

They looked over at her, cocking their brows.

"I wanna get a tattoo," She claimed confidently.

Silently, they stared at her, expressions either confused or sympathetic.

"What?" Queried Winona.

"Does this have something to do with Finn?" Kurt asked gently,  Winona shrugging.

"You know, if part of my grieving process is just diving headfirst into life, then... maybe."

"Well, I'm out," Rachel shook her head, "If my director found out I'd be in serious trouble."

"Kurt?" Winona looked to him with puppy eyes.

"... Fine."

Winona practically tackled him into a hug, grinning.

"So, what's the limoncello for?"

"Anesthesia."

( — )

"Oh, my God.  Are we actually gonna do this?"

Winona shrugged feebly at Kurt's question, "I've always wanted one."

"I just need to wake up and come out of myself." He admitted

"Yes!"

"You know? I mean, I'm an artist!," He cheered, "I should start acting like one!"

"Would Andy Warhol be standing here worrying?," She egged him on.

"No, he wouldn't!"

Winona took off the top of their alcohol excitedly, "To rebellion. In all of its forms."

"Okay."

Winona drank first, Kurt cheering quietly.

"Oh, chug, chug, chug. Ooh!"

"God— It burns the throat so bad," She whined, "Its gross."

Kurt did the same, quickly agreeing, "Oh, my God, it tastes like lemons and gasoline."

"The worst."

"It's the worst," He agreed, turning to the pages of tattoo examples.

"So, what are we gonna get?"

"I don't know, let's surprise each other."

"Okay okay," She beamed, looking over at the unoccupied employee, "Me first."

Their drink kicked in fast, and it left Kurt and Winona only remembering bits and pieces of that night. Kurt crashed on Winona's couch, and Winona was the first to wake him up, offering some Tylenol and a water first thing.

"Good morning, sunshine."

He gagged, "Two shots of limoncello, and I feel like I got hit by a bus. I'm the worst rebel in the world."

Winona, who knew how to hold her liquor much better than he did, just shrugged amicably, "I made pancakes."

"Before we eat, I wanna show you my tattoo!" He insisted, buttoning down his shirt, "I didn't want a tramp stamp, and I thought if I got it on my arm, then I wouldn't be able to go sleeveless again."

"Well, let me see!"

"So when we decided that we were doing it, I knew exactly what I wanted. I even printed it out in the font that I like, so the tattoo guy knew exactly what to do."

His shirt fell to the floor, the small black lettering on his back catching Winona's eye.

"It Gets Better," He said excitedly, Winona trailing her finger over it.

"That's so sw—"

She paused, gasping.

"What? Is it infected?" He panicked, trying to crane his neck and look back at her.

"No, it's just, it says It's Get Better, not It Gets Better," She explained, "They misspelled it."

"Oh, my God. I have absolute nonsense written on me permanently," Kurt shrieked.

"Okay, you have to get it removed," She said worriedly, "Don't worry, they do a really good job at removing tattoos these days."

"Yeah, for tens of thousands of dollars, which I don't have!"

"Okay, then, we're going to go back to the tattoo parlor and we're gonna have them fix it."

"Just show me yours, 'cause maybe he spelled
Celine Dione wrong, and, a-and we can be maimed together."

Winona bit her lip, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly.

"You know what? I— I didn't go through with it."

"Are you kidding me?"

"I was thinking about what Rachel said, if my director found out, I'd be toast."

Kurt's eyes narrowed at the blonde, "I cannot believe you backed out without telling me."

"I was going to go through with it, but you were halfway through yours, and I just—"

She cut herself off, before leaving that train of thought behind, "I-I-I'll go back with you, we can get your money back."

"No, what I want back I can't get... my innocence, my pride, and my unblemished alabaster skin."

With that, Kurt stormed off, leaving Winona alone in her own apartment. The door shut, and she headed for the bathroom to inspect her secret tattoo. She pulled up her shirt up to her ribcage, a 5 rested there. She ran her finger over it, sighing in contentment.

— sorry this is short ! this episode focuses on Lima so :/
Also yes this chapter was ripped right from Rachel's storyline but i thought it would be important to include because of the 5 tattoo