thirty; furt

While Burt and Carole's relationship was far from Winona's business, she was happy for their sudden engagement. She rarely spoke to either of them, unless she was visiting their respective children, but when she saw them interacting— she saw true love.

At least, what she assumed was true love. Winona had never seen it before.

She thought she had— a long time ago, between her parents, but clearly that was false. A love that wasn't meant to last.

Was any love meant to last?

Winona was snapped out of her thoughts when Santana came up behind her, placing her hands on her shoulders.

"Hey, blondie. There's a girl's meeting in the choir room going on right now," Santana told her, Winona cocking a brow.

"Why didn't I know that?"

"We weren't invited," She went on, taking Winona's hand and practically dragging her to the room. Rachel, Brittany, Tina, and Quinn turned to the pair that stood in the doorway, neutral expressions on their faces.

"Why didn't you tell us that we were having a Glee girls meeting?"

Rachel stiffened, "This is a meeting for Glee girls with boyfriends. We're going to make them stop Karofsky from bullying Kurt."

"Okay, I'm dating Puckerman," Argued Santana, making Quinn shake her head.

"You're getting naked with Puckerman."

"Besides, Puck can't mess with Karofsky," Tina chimed in, "He's on probation. If he gets in a fight with him, he'll be sent back to juvie."

"What about me? I'm best friends with Sam, Artie and Finn," Winona complained, crossing her arms over her chest.

"But not dating," Rachel insisted assertively, "so now if you'll excuse us."

Santana looked ready to go off, Winona's fingers tightening around her wrist just in case.

"You're so on my list, dwarf," Santana hissed, spinning in her heel to leave the room with Winona.

"That's so stupid, we should have been there. As the token lgbt ladies, we should be helping Kurt just as much as the rest of them," Winona whined under her breath, "I bet we could take Karofsky without the help of some dudes."

"We totally could," Santana agreed.

"But— we aren't gonna," Winona warned, as Santana looked a little too eager to cause some violence, "not unless Kurt wants us to."

( — — )

"Sam! your eye—" Winona shrieked as he exited the locker room casually.

"You should see the other guy," He chuckled.

"Let me get you an icepack," Winona commented, taking his hand and leading him to the nurse's office, where she politely asked for an icepack without any context. Lazily, the nurse tossed her one of those frozen bags of peas, which Winona quickly handed to Sam.

"Put it on your eye, and tell me what happened."

"Well," Sam began, "We were defending Kurt, right? Artie, Mike and I tried to fight Karofsky."

"Not Finn?"

"Not Finn," Sam repeated as they walked down the hall together, "David knocked Artie and Mike over, and then we got into a bit of a tussle until Beiste pulled us apart."

Winona gave him a side hug before entering the choir room with him, "Sam, you're so badass."

"I know."