thirty-six; blame it on the alcohol

— this chapter was so fun to write i hope u all enjoy also !! keep commenting :) reading them is my favourite !

"Hey, Winnie the pooh!" Called Puckerman as he approached Winona in the choir room. She was sitting there alone, staring down at her notebook while trying to write the best original song of the century.

"Well, if it isn't my personal headrest," She joked, tilting her head up, "also— never call me that. Sam only."

Puck nodded, rolling his eyes as he took a seat next to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, "When you said you were gonna write an original song, I expected to see a whole lot more than a blank piece of paper."

"Ha ha," Winona scoffed, clicking her pen a few times, "it's a work in progress."

"Sure," He answered half heartedly as he shut her notebook for her, "You coming to Rachel's party?"

Winona cocked a brow, "A Rachel party? That sounds overwhelmingly boring."

"It is. Which is why I'm taking the reigns and making this party epic," He insisted, making her tilt her head, "With the only way I know how— alcohol."

"Really? On alcohol awareness week?" 

Puckerman nodded, hands retreating to his lap after she shrugged his arm off. After debating in her mind, she reluctantly agreed.

"Alright, fine, I'll be there."

( — — )

Winona arrived to the party with low expectations. Eric, however, was ecstatic. He clearly didn't know Rachel that well, because Winona insisted this would suck more times than she could count on one hand. Yet, he was still optimistic.

"Winona!" Kurt called as she and her brother got out of Mark's car. He quickly pulled her into a hug, Blaine and Eric shaking hands and introducing themselves, while Finn watched with his hands in his pockets.

"Who's this?" Kurt turned to Eric, smiling kindly.

"Eric, the New Directions' newest member," He held out his hand to shake, "and. . the cooler Watts sibling."

Winona elbowed him in the side, the five of them laughing it up as they walked towards Rachel's home together. Winona was recounting the weird circumstances that had occurred since Kurt left McKinley when Rachel stepped in front of them, opening the door with a smile. Winona cocked a brow at her odd dress, but followed her down the stairs with her friends.

Everyone was spread around the large room, Artie and Brittany flirting, Mercedes and Tina chatting boredly, and Santana and Sam sucking face in the corner.

Quinn clearly wasn't taking that well. While Rachel was speaking to her, she looked past Rachel and Winona, eyes landing on Finn— as if she expected him to be gazing back, or show her some pity.

Instead, he was gazing at Winona, admiring how cute she looked in her casual dress.

"Uh, okay. Let's, uh- Let's go over the rules!" Rachel announced, capturing everyone's attention, "Everybody gets two drink tickets to keep things from getting out of hand. We are serving wine coolers today. That is our specialty drink. It's actually all we have."

Winona tried not snicker as she saw Eric's already disappointed expression.

It took less than a minute for boredom to strike, Winona and Artie being the first to try to bail.

"Great party, Rachel. We gotta run," Claimed Artie as people started to jump ship.

"Yeah, I have. . overdue homework," Winona excused.