forty-six; i am unicorn

Winona and Finn stood in front of everyone, ready to inform them about the spy they encountered not long ago.

"Okay. . Winona and I didn't find much—"

"Actually," She cut him off as politely as possible, "I found plenty. After I interrogated Jesse, he helped me narrow it down to three different Vocal Adrenaline members; Natalia Lynch, Jessica Carpenter, or Lydia Westerbrook."

"That's great Winona, I'm impressed," Mr. Schue applauded with a smile, "Have a seat you two."

She sat proudly, already making plans to interrogate all three ladies in her head as Mr. Schue stood up to announce something to his students.

"Alright, New Directions. Big news. As you all know, Vocal Adrenaline came in second last year at nationals, and the boosters at Carmel don't donate tens of thousands of dollars every year to come in second, so they fired Dustin Goolsby."

"So handsome," Mumbled Artie bitterly.

"And they're having trouble finding a new coach. It seems that no-one wants to take on that pressure cooker."

"That means they're vulnerable," Tina pointed out.

"Yes, and if we work hard enough, we can beat them. Which is why I realize that I can't direct the musical this year."

"No, Mr. Schue, you can't cancel the musical," Rachel insisted, "My New York dreams depend on it."

"I'm not canceling it. I'm just not directing it. My sole focus has to be in here."

"Huh?" Winona cocked a brow.

"Nationals, Nationals, Nationals! And it's not just me that's gonna have to focus harder this year. I've been too easy on you, so everyday after choir practice I am instituting a mandatory Booty Camp so that we can work on our dancing," He went on, sighing at the unpleasant reaction he received, "Now, it's not for all of you. Just the people that I think need help. Like—"

Finn pretty much could have predicted this in his sleep, "—Finn."

"How did you know? And Puckerman, Hummel, Jones."

"What? Hell to the nizzy - no."

"You told me once that you were Beyonce. You don't think she spends extra time in the dance studio?" Mr. Schue said somewhat sassily, "Mike Chang has offered to be my assistant. We start tomorrow and yes, Puckerman, it is mandatory."

Blaine raised his hand, "Mr. Schuester, would you mind if I dropped by for a little bit. I really need to catch up with you guys."

Mr. Schue nodded, smiling. Rachel stood up to question him, frowning.

"Okay, Mr. Schue, I'm glad that you're so concerned with our special-needs members, but what about me? Who's gonna direct the musical?"

"Ladies and gentleman, your co-musical directors. Ms. Pillsbury and Coach Beiste."

Beiste and Pillsbury entered the room with bright smiles, but Rachel started shaking her head and biting her lip in disapproval.

"Now, Ms. Pillsbury did such a good job helping me out with Rocky Horror last year that I knew she could handle the job."

"And I'm here to keep the football guys in line," Beiste added, "and I've also talked them into playing the Jets."

"Mr. Schue, with all due respect to Ms. Pillsbury and Coach Beiste, this is crazy - they have absolutely zero experience in directing a musical," Rachel argued, Winona rolling her eyes at her for what may have been the 500th time this year alone.