seventy-six; glee, actually

— a christmas chapter on halloween ‼️ enjoy!! i was janet from rocky horror for halloween, what abt yall? also i posted the s4 playlist 😁

Winona sat in Mr. Schue's office, which she (and Finn) temporarily called her own, and waited for Marley to arrive. When the brunette finally walked through the door, she looked nervous— as if she was in trouble or something.

"Have a seat," Winona said with a friendly smile. Marley complied, hugging herself.

"Did I do something wrong?" She queried, Winona shaking her head and reaching into her pocket. From it, she pulled a wad of cash and held it out to the girl.

Her eyes widened, "Ms. Watts? What is that for?"

"Therapy," Winona answered quickly, "For your disorder. It's not enough to cover a full session, but it's a start."

Marley shook her head vigorously, gently and slowly pushing Winona's fistful of cash away, "Ms. Watts, I really appreciate your offer, but I can't take this. I know that you live in New York, and a ticket back there is expensive."

"I can manage," Winona insisted, "please, just take this. Consider it your christmas gift, from me to you."

The blonde stood up, walking around her desk and standing before Marley. She held out the cash one last time, and in one swift movement, Marley took it and pulled Winona into a hug.

"Thank you," She whispered, tone laced with admiration and gratitude.

"Of course," Winona replied, "I wish it could be more, but it's all I got. Now head out, you're gonna be late for class."

Exchanging a smile with her, Marley left the room and headed into the hall. Eventually, Winona left the comfort of her office and headed for the staff room.

On the way there, she saw Finn talking to a teary-eyed Artie. He looked like he had a pretty bad scrape on his face, Winona approaching the two with concern.

"Hey— Guys? What happened?"

"It's nothing," Artie asserted as Winona leaned down next to Finn, "The stupid janitor didn't
put salt on the ramp, like he's supposed to, and
my wheels don't have chains, so I slipped backwards and tipped over on the ice."

"Yeah— He has some pretty serious road rash," Finn added as Winona gently put her hand on Artie's cheek to fully examine his wound. The boy batted her hand away after a second or so, Winona recoiling and uttering a little apology.

Finn broke the silence, standing up, "Let's get you to the nurses office, all right?"

Artie nodded, and Winona got out of their way, deciding to follow them.

After a discussion with the Nurse, she inspected his minor injury and came to a conclusion.

"You hit your head pretty hard. I'm going to go call your mother," Said the nurse, wearing a frown, "Lay down till she gets here."

"Want me to help you get up on the cot?" Finn asked as Artie got to work putting the breaks on his wheelchair.

"No. I don't want anybody to help me with anything," He asserted with a pout, Finn and Winona exchanging a concerned look, "I'm tired of being so helpless, I'm tired of everybody pitying me, and I'm tired of being in this damn chair."

"Anyone could have fallen on the ice, all right?" Claimed Finn in an attempt to make him feel better.

"Yeah, but they could've gotten back up. . . instead of laying there, screaming for help until some freshman girl showed up."