one hundred; 100

— 2days my birthday so heres a chapter ‼️

While Winona was happy to see her friends again, the circumstances left her kind of bummed. The glee club was officially over— and this time, there was nothing anyone could do to stop it.

While everyone was hurting, Winona took it the worst. Since losing Finn, she counted on the New Directions because of how heavily she associated them with one another. Now they were both gone.

At least they had a week to say their goodbyes. She would have killed to be able to say goodbye to Finn.

"100 lessons," Mr. Schue began, ceasing Mercedes and Rachel's disagreement before it could begin. Winona stood next to him, writing 100 on the board with a small smile she forced on.

"Hey, can I get Finn's plaque when we clear this place out?"

"No," Winona snapped, suddenly engaging in the conversation, "the plaque stays here."

"Lillian and Finn belong here at McKinley." Mr. Schue began pacing around the room. Sam looked to Winona briefly with concern, but she didn't meet his eye. She tried not to meet anyone's eye.

"It means so much to me that so many of you came back on such short notice to celebrate the past few years. To sit in this room one last time and sing." Their teacher explained, "Your assignment is to sing one of the songs we sang in here, but reinvented in some way."

Everyone sifted through song choices in their mind. Winona's thoughts were so fuzzy that she couldn't focus on it.

"Way back in the old days when I started the glee club, I would give an assignment, and then I would... I would give a little demonstration of what I was looking for."

"Yeah!" Whooped Marley.

"See, you all cheer now, but just wait till he starts rapping," Santana grinned, Mr. Schue letting out a small chuckle.

"Okay, no hip-hop today, Santana. However, I have asked a very special person to come join me. And it seemed appropriate since her contributions helped save the glee club, or at least the auditorium way back when."

Winona finally perked up just a little.

"Please welcome, all the way from Broadway, Miss April Rhodes!"

Everyone cheered as the blonde strode through the door with a great big smile. She strutted to the middle of the room, giving Winona and Mr. Schue side hugs before addressing the kids.

"Hey, y'all!"

"You know, she once taught me how to shoplift meat in my vagina," Tina said excitedly to Marley, whose eyes narrowed in confusion and slight disgust.

"Ew."

Before long, everyone was crowded around the piano as she told her stories. Winona took this as a moment where she could go in the hall and take a breather. She knew this week would be a lot for her, but she thought she could handle it better on the first day.

She quietly closed the choir room door behind her as she approached her old locker. It now reeked of body odor and weed, making her grimace.

There was something so magical about being a miserable teenager, stalking the halls and falling asleep in class.

The good old days.

Every alumni missed being a kid, but Winona was different. She would kill to rewind back to sophomore year, and relive high school.

While wandering of the halls, she came across a garbage can. It was practically begging to be kicked over. For a second, it made her frown; Why did she always kick them over? Wasn't there a more efficient way to let out her steam? There was no real answer for that, but as her gaze flickered from the security camera on the wall to the garbage can, she considered letting her heavy boots take it down.