ninety-eight; trio

Winona finished reading her lines with Carrie, before being met with several missed calls from Santana. Assuming there was an emergency, she rushed to call her back, the girl picking up immediately.

"How could you do this to me?" Santana lead, confusing Winona.

"Wh—"

"You are such a traitor!"

"Hold on!" Winona groaned, "What did I even do?"

"You let Jewish Hillary Clinton stay at your place? I thought we were friends!"

The blonde let out an exasperated sigh— This was practically high school all over again, just with higher stakes.

"She needed a place to stay, and she's paying rent, so—"

"I hate you," Santana finished dramatically, hanging up. She sighed, before heading back on set to rehearse with Carrie.

( — )

"Elliott, this is a terrible idea!" Hissed Winona worriedly as they headed out the door of their apartment. The boy adjusted the cute hat on his head (a tasteful Christmas gift from Winona) and shrugged innocently.

"I need the money," He stated, "If it takes rehearsing lines with Santana to piss of Rachel so I can get some cash, so be it."

Before long, they were on the subway, and Elliott cracked a tiny grin, mumbling to himself, "Rachel can consider this revenge for calling me her Best Gay."

Winona couldn't help but smile at that as well, smoothing out her uniform. Despite starring in this film, she still needed to work part time at the diner to afford rent. Hopefully, that wouldn't last forever, but for now, she was taking orders and singing songs at the diner.

When they arrived at the Spotlight, Elliott took a seat at the booth Santana saved for him, and before long Rachel approached with her hands on her hips.

Winona watched anxiously from another table, completely ignoring the customers whose order she should have been taking, "Here we go."

"Hi, Rachel," Santana spoke smugly.

"What's going on here?" The brunette looked to Elliott with a clenched jaw, "We have a fatwa against her, remember?"

"Actually, I am paying Elliott to run lines with me, and they are going to be letter-perfect by the time you have the tragic accident that sidelines you and leaves you horribly disfigured," The girl replied before Elliott could speak, "Or did that already happen?"

Winona drew in a sharp breath, as Kurt approached, "What's going on?"

"They're fighting again."

"—I gave you the apartment, I gave you Kurt, and you are never— let me repeat, ever gonna play this part," She declared as Kurt and Winona approached, "But you can't take my new best friend."

"Your new best friend?" Winona narrowed her eyes, hands on her hips as she mumbled to herself. Kurt butt into the girls squabble first.

"You don't own him, Rachel."

"I'm not speaking to you, traitor!"

Gunter broke up the conversation, speaking specifically to Rachel and Winona, "Ladies, Table Three is requesting a number. The husband and his wife have been coming here every year for the wife's birthday. Her name is Gloria, and she requested a certain song be performed."

"Happy Birthday?"

"Gloria by Laura Branigan," He corrected Rachel.

Santana stood up with a grin, "Okay, well, Ronnie, in that case, even though I'm off duty, I think I'll take Rachel's part in this duet, since she obviously couldn't handle that song. Come on, bestie, back me up."