seventeen; bad reputation

When the Glist was posted, Winona was shocked to find herself coming in at number three. To be situated in-between Santana and Puck on the hotness scale was surreal for her. She wasn't that popular, and she didn't consider herself to be one of the hottest people in the glee bunch. But now she was sitting in glee club, getting an angry lecture from Mr. Schue.

Next to Winona, was Artie and Brittany, who were both sitting up straight and looking around to try figuring out who did it.

"Why are we playing this game? We all know it was Puck," Santana piped up, filing her nails as she spoke.

"Back off. I didn't do squat," He hissed at the cheerio, arms crossed.

"Then why is your girlfriend first on the Glist?"

"And why am I last? Aside from the fact that I refused to put out for you," Rachel piped up, receiving eye rolls from multiple students as Jesse raised his brows.

"Okay, enough! No one is accusing anyone of anything," Schuester interrupted, turning to the boy with a scowl, "Puck, seriously, did you do it?"

"I said no," Puckerman asserted. Winona honestly believed him, if Puck did the Glist, he would do nothing but brag about it. It's just in his nature.

"I'm a delinquent, sure. I like setting stuff
on fire and beating up people I don't know. I own that. But I'm not a liar," He continued, Mike nodding in agreement beside him.

"All right, here's the important point. Between this and posting Coach Sylvester's personal video on YouTube, you guys are getting a pretty bad reputation."

"Why is that such a bad thing?" Artie chimed in, "Maybe if we seem more dangerous, people
would stop flushing my glasses down the toilet."

Winona turned to her friend with a concerned look.

"People are doing that? What are their names?" Artie waved off her quieries, insisting it wasn't important for her to deal with. 

"Look, things are hard right now. I get it. You're under a lot of pressure with regionals coming up," Mr. Schuester sympathized, walking  around the room to hand out sheet music, "I know that winning sectionals hasn't had the positive effect on your popularity that a lot of you thought it would—"

"You can say that again," Winona muttered bitterly.

"But becoming what you despise is not the answer."

"Man, this song is wack," Mercedes said as she looked over the sheet music.

Mr. Schue started introducing the assignment for the week while also fighting the song's case.

"This song should be arrested for the crime of sucking," Jesse argued casually, the entire room— with the exception of Mr. Schue and Finn, started to snicker.

Mr. Schue singing Ice Ice Baby was less painful to watch than Winona anticipated it to be. He had her stand up and dance first, making her kind of nervous to embarrass herself, but she did a great job. Soon, Britanny, Mike, Puck, and Tina joined her, so she relaxed a little bit and just had fun with it.

The song came to an end, everyone giggling and cheering as Mr. Schue stood before them.

"This song is officially paroled!" He called. Jesse put his hands up in mock surrender as Schuester pointed him out specifically, "Right Jesse?"

"You got me," He admitted with a laugh, before Rachel rushed to her boyfriend's side.

"Jesse could've done it better, but you did it really good," She spoke over everyone, making Finn tense jealously.