sixty-three; prom-asaurus

— normally i'd just describe the damn dress but this is so pretty and i had to edit it myself to make it pink bc it used to be blue so i have decided to share it with y'all 😌 enjoy

Winona was finding it hard to feel even a tinge of optimism this week. She had no idea what she was gonna do until next year, when NYFA would be taking applications again. Still, the support from her friends and family did soften the blow— Artie and Sam especially. They were always nice to her, but they went out of their way to be extra sweet once she went back to school after totally choking during her NYFA audition.

With prom coming up again, Winona already knew what to expect; Quinn will beg for Winona to let Finn run for prom king with her (Quinn's one of her closest girl best friends— of course she would say yes), Winona gets a beautiful dress and she ends up dancing with someone who isn't Finn, because he's off with his ex. Last year, she danced more with Brittany than she did her own boyfriend.

Maybe this was all coming to her— maybe this was her punishment for not having backup plan. Of course, she was still going to go to New York with Finn, so they can live together while he's in acting school and shes working until she can apply for schools once again. Maybe this wasn't a total bust.

Still, Winona couldn't help but feel like a loser. She didn't how to feel, knowing she wasn't good enough for NYFA. Her confidence was shot, but she still forced herself to walk around with her head held high. Strolling down the hall, the blonde saw Finn putting up a campaign poster for him and Quinn. He looked over his shoulder and smiled at her.

"Hey, Winnie!" He called, "Are you bummed you didn't get nominated for prom queen?"

She shook her head, smiling, "In what world would I ever be nominated for Prom Queen?"

Though, it would be nice to be even nominated. To go from the scary sophomore that people avoid to prom queen. It sounded straight out of a coming-of-age movie.

"Well, I voted for you. And I got that crossed-eyed dude in my study hall to vote for you, too."

"You're sweet," Winona said with a shrug as he held out his hand hand for her to hold, "but it's not a big deal. I'm not fancy enough for prom queen."

"C'mon, you'd be a great queen!"

Winona scoffed with a chuckle, shaking her head. Finn frowned down at her, squeezing her hand. She promptly looked up at him, unable to resist the urge to cock a brow once she saw his expression, "What is it, Finn?"

"Are you sure that you're okay?"

"With what?" Winona responded, making him shrug.

"You've been. . kinda off since the NYFA stuff happened," He began, "I want to make sure you're still okay with going to New York. And I want to make sure you're okay with Quinn and I running for prom royalty."