fifty-one; i kissed a girl

— posting this one today too because this and mash off kinda go hand :)))))) also im so excited for the next chapter woooooo !

The combined glee clubs lesson was sort of genius, as was lady music week. But Winona still had no idea how Finn talked Figgins out of suspending Santana for the slap.

Everyone sat around Santana, Winona the closest, sitting behind her with a supportive hand on her shoulder while Finn sang Girls Just Wanna Have Fun beautifully. She was supposed to sit in the back with the girls so they boys could sing their song, but Winona insisted she had to sit close in support. As the song ended, Santana stood up and gave Finn a big hug.

"Before we go, Winona prepared a song too," Shelby announced, gesturing to the platinum blonde as she stood up in front of everyone and stood in the centre of the room. She was handed a guitar, and carefully put the strap over her head and rested it on her shoulder. Holding it tight, she slowly began strumming a softer, slowed down version of Bad Reputation by Joan Jett.

As Winona sang the last few words and took the guitar off to put it away, Finn taking it from her arms so Santana could give her a hug.

"Thank you, Winona. Thank all you guys."

"We love you, Santana."

( — — )

After lots of debating, Winona decided to vote for Kurt to be class president . He seemed like he was depending on a win, and while Winona trusted he could make it far in his career without winning this stupid election, anything worked to ease his mind a little bit.

After casting her vote, Winona and Santana walked to her locker, trying to ignore the mix of grossed out and creepily flirty looks they received from different guys. Once they made it there, some guy showed up next to them out of nowhere with a smirk.

"Saw the commercial. Whew. Smokin'," He told Santana, then looking to Winona, "And you slept with her, right? Now that's what I call hot."

"I'm sorry?" Winona cocked a brow, crossing her arms.

"Who the hell are you?" Santana queried.

"Josh Comen. Sophomore rugby captain," He introduced, "Girls like you two are a challenge. You just need the right guy to straighten you out, and I'm just the man to do it."

Winona and Santana were so stunned by his harsh and straightforward homophobia that they didn't know how to reply. Luckily, the other glee girls came to their defence out of nowhere.

"Move your busted creeper ass," Mercedes began.

"Now."

"Easy, girls. I'm just trying to make them normal," Josh shrugged with a condescending smile.

"They are normal."

"It's not a choice, idiot," Hissed Quinn, "But even if it were, you'd be our last choice."

"Oh, I get it. You're all a bunch of lesbos."

"So what if we are? You don't stand a chance either way," Rachel hissed, the girls waving Josh away.

"Bye-bye."

"Get lost."

"Walk away."

Santana and Winona pulled the girls into a thankful group hug. As they pulled away, Rachel lit up.

"I have an idea!"

To Winona, Rachel's idea of the girls performing I Kissed a Girl seemed almost offensive. Poor song choice. On the bright side, Winona and Santana, who took the leads, were at least both out as women who like women— much better than having a straight girl sing it.