eighty-five; sweet dreams

— btw this is the last update until the new year <3 i need time 2 focus on the holidays and catch up on chapters <3

Since the gun went off at Mckinley, Winona was hesitant to return to her regular work schedule. It seemed everyone was. Though, once word came out that it was Sue who accidentally shot the gun, and she was fired, students and teachers were far more willing to show up.  As relieved as Winona was to know Sue no longer worked for Mckinley, the circumstances were kind of suspicious, and she wondered if the woman didn't tell the whole story when confessing to Figgins.

After walking Eric to class (since last week, he refused to go anywhere unless Lydia or Winona was escorting him.), Winona turned a sharp corner and ran right into a buff blondie.

"Sorry, missy!" He said in an Australian accent, making the girl narrow her eyes.

"Sam? What are you—?"

Sam grinned down at her, adjusting his fake glasses enthusiastically, "Sam? No, that's my brother! I'm Evan Evans, his twin."

Narrowing her eyes, Winona slowly nodded, "Oooookay— Uh, tell Sam I say hi the next time you see him."

As 'Evan' excused himself, and Winona started to reflect on what she was seeing when she walked dowm the halls. Unique scarfing down birth control, Brittany whining about MIT,  and Tina trying out the Steampunk trend. She had no doubt that it had to do with the previous week's incident, everyone was skittish, and their lives were kind of all over the place.

She felt so bad for the students, but she was sure no one was acting out more than Mr. Schue. He was more bossy than usual, and it was more than concerning.

Everyone was gathered in the choir room, listening to Schuester bark orders and turn down ideas left and right.

"The theme for this year's regionals is—"

"Sweaters?" Brittany cut Will off.

"Dreams," He finished with a light sigh

Winona turned her head to face Brittany, offering her an encouraging smile, "You were close, Britt."

She nodded as a thank you, Mr. Schue continuing.

"As you know, some of the past judges we've had haven't been that bright .  .  or that sober, so our best bet is to take the dream theme literally," He explained,  "We'll start out with Dream Weaver and then we'll segue into Sweet Dreams and we'll bring it home with You Make My Dreams Come True."

Winona knitted her brows together. Didn't the New Directions sing at least one of those songs during a mash-up competition?

"Marley, you're frowning," He pointed out, making her shrug.

"No. I just don't know any of those songs," Answered Marley innocently.

Schuester grinned, "Well, you'll know them soon enough because we're learning them today."

Winona knew all about Marley's original songs, as the brunette confided in her about it over the weekend. She cleared her throat, looking at her co-teacher, "Maybe .    .   we could try some original songs, like we did two years ago?"

"Yeah, my twin brother Sam told me you guys totally crushed regionals two years ago with those sweet tunes!"

"Well, S— um, Evan," Mr. Schue sputtered, "that was a different time and a different team."

Marley pouted, "Mr. Shue, could we at least talk about the set list? I mean, when Finn was here, we got to help—"

Mr. Schue's expression darkened, and his mood was dumped on its head at the mention of Finn. He changed the subject immediately.