seventy-three; dynamic duets

— btw i've so far made a playlist for the first three seasons of this book and u can find it on the introduction chapter for each season!!

Winona found this whole super hero thing to be a little silly.

But who doesn't love to be a little silly sometimes?

She wasn't informed about this superhero club though, and she was too busy to actually join it herself, despite how much Sam and Artie were begging her to. Making a costume was just too much work.

She stood in the choir room with Finn, nervously exchanging a glance as they prepared themselves for their first lesson. The kids were fooling around, doing superhero-like stuff as Kitty silently judged them.

"Okay, guys, sit down. We got a lot of work to do today," Said Finn over the chatter. Seeing no success in his efforts to get everyone's attention, Winona rushed to do it for him.

She clapped her hands a few times to quiet them down, "Come on, I mean it, sit down," Winona said loudly, voice stern. Everyone complied, Finn thanking her before taking over.

"Okay, so the first order of business today is to welcome the newest members to the glee club; Ryder and Kitty."

Tina crossed her arms, uttering a scoff, "Wait, don't we all get to vote on her or something?"

"Well, Tina, Kitty was fantastic in Grease."

"In spite of my god-awful part," Kitty butt in.

"Besides, we're under the gun," Winona told them, "We have to go to Sectionals next week and we need 12 members to compete."

"Oh, well, then, just call Santana back from Kentucky again 'cause apparently she's better than anyone who's actually enrolled here," The girl sassed, Finn trying not to roll his eyes.

"Look, Tina, not now. Uh, look, where was I?"

"Sectionals," Winona reminded him.

"Yes, uh— Here's the game plan."

As Finn grabbed the whiteboard marker to start writing on the board, he broke it. Sighing, he started searching for another one, everyone else watching in awe at his struggle.

"Where does Mr. Shue keep the other markers?" He asked, though no one answered. Feeling the second hand embarrassment in the air, Winona pinched to bridge of her nose and averted her gaze. Once Finn finally gave up, she decided she should probably stop standing in the middle of the room, and opted to take a seat at the very end of the line of chairs, in between the drum set, and the students.

"Screw it," Finn finalized, "Uh— The theme is Foreigner. We're gonna sing songs by Foreigners in foreign languages, wearing all the costumes of the world's nations."

People started to snicker, Winona sighing.

"Wait, seriously, that's your idea?" Artie asked once the laughter died down. Finn merely nodded, nervous and a little embarrassed.

Winona looked up at him, frowning, "You have to run these ideas by me first."

Standing up, Blaine addressed their new coaches, "Finn, times have changed. We're national champions now, which means we have to exceed all expectations, so if that's your best idea, I don't think we stand a chance."

"Wait, where are you going?" Winona asked as the boy headed out the door. He turned back with a scowl.

"I'm going to get our trophy back from the Warblers. The one you two haven't even noticed is missing."

Winona sunk back into her seat, anxiously looking to her co-teacher. Maybe they weren't cut out for this.

( — )