8

For the next week Corpse and I were kind of inseparable. During the day we'd play/stream Among Us, sometimes it was only us and random people. We called almost all the time unless we were going out (which wasn't often for either of us) or eating. And at night we would spend ages on the dream smp.

He was trying to protect me from 'Mexican Dream' so I was living on the run. Whenever anyone involved with Mexican Dream came along I'd always hide from them.

I was living at his house for now, but I was working on a massive underground bunker with a secret entrance.

I often streamed everything we did on the smp during the day, but at night it was just us, and that's when I'd work on the bunker. Although sometimes other people who'd join our VC, but we didn't mind.

Even though we spent so much time together, we never ran out of things to say.

It was 10pm and we were on the smp.
I was inside the bunker, which was nearly finished, we just needed to tidy up a few things.

He was gathering resources and we were talking about random things when someone joined our VC.

"Hey Corpse, who you talking to?" Karl asked and I held my breath.

"Just my stream, are you online?" He had been covering for me since I had begun hiding from them and he'd got pretty good at knowing what to say to anyone who was looking for me, he wasn't even streaming.

"Yeah, just looking for Y/n, have you seen her?"

"No, I've talked to her a few times and I tried to convince her to visit me, but she insisted that it was too risky,"

"Ah ok,"

"I assume you're still looking for her then,"

"Yeah, I have NO idea where she is no one's seen her,"

I kept listening quietly.

"Yeah, I've only heard her, never seen her,"

"Ok well I'm going to keep looking for her, do you wanna help?"

"Yeah, I wanna know what skin she has because she won't tell me,"

I stayed completely silent as they ran around looking for me. Suddenly I saw their names in the distance and crouched. It was easy to hear how Corpse's voice changed when he knew the were near, he was unsure and his voice showed it, but luckily Karl didn't notice it.

I remembered that I'd left the entrance open, and crouch-walked towards it to block it up.

"Wait, shush," Karl said and I froze

"What?"

"I heard someone placed a block,"

He started searching the area and I wished he wouldn't find it. Corpse pretended to search too.

Karl was getting closer to the entrance and suddenly Corpse started saying something.

"There's something I've been meaning to ask you," he said and i wondered what he was going to say.

"Fire away man," Karl said.

He took a deep breath, he was a good actor, maybe he should've pursued a career in the arts.

"So remember when I first joined and I met Mexican Dream?"

"Yeah,"

"Well, as much as I hated it, I haven't stopped thinking about it and I kind of want to do it again,"

I almost made a sound, he was taking the bullet for me.

They ran off to spawn. I knew spawn was very far away and it would take them a while to get back but what I was planning would take too long, I had to help Corpse, I needed to distract Karl.

I was still in their call and I caught snippets of their conversation, like "I'm so proud of you Corpse, you're one of us." and "Ok we're here,"

They were already there, so I did the only thing I could think of, I talked in the chat.

[me: hello karl]

[karl: where are you?]

[me: i can see you] I lied

I kept talking to him in chat as I hurriedly prepared for what I was about to do. I had played a lot, so I already had full netherite and an elytra (which had been a gift from Techno).

I flew to spawn, watching them, and listening to them adding Quackity. I watched as they placed string down and Corpse looked at it sadly.

"Ok, I'm just getting on," Quackity said and he joined to game. He had no armour on, so from my vantage point on a tree, I pulled out my bow and aimed it. He kept moving, so I didn't have a clear shot until he stopped moving to watch Corpse punch the string. I shot, it hit him perfectly and killed him (since it was enchanted).

They freaked out in the VC, bewildered until they saw my name in the chat and started shouting more. Karl was looking around frantically and I noticed Corpse sneak away. I whispered to him.

[me: go to the bunker]

I watched him disappear into the distance and then I came out of my hiding spot so Karl saw me.

"We've been looking for you everywhere," he said, trying to stay serious but failing miserably

"I've been hiding, I know who Mexican Dream is, and I know what you wanted me to do,"

"We just want you to break some string, look it's right there,"

I walked closer to him, "I'm not stupid,"

"If you do this, L'manburg will declare war on you, and everyone who helps you,"

"If you win, then I will do your Mexican Dream act whenever you want for the rest of the time I'm on this server, however, if we win, you must give us claim to the whole of spawn, allowing us to do whatever we want,"

"L'manburg will outnumber you,"

"I've done my research, there are many people on this server who would jump at the opportunity to join our side against you,"

"I declare war," he said. We pvp-ed, I got the first hit and gained the upper hand. He started to run, he knew this world better than me, but i was a better fighter. I crit-hit him as he ran, boosting him so he was too far away to hit, so I bowed him. He hid behind a building and ate a gapple, damn, I didn't have any.

he came out and crit-hit me so I pretended to be low and ran away. I managed to get further away and double bacl, shotting him with an arrow before switching to my axe.  I crit-hit him a few times and he began to freak out and run away again. I finished him off, killing him victoiously before legging it to the bunker.

He left the VC so it was just me and Corpse.

"You're a legend," he said and I laughed

"Couldn't have done it without you,"

"I did nothing,"

"But you got him away from the bunker, you were going to sacrifice your honour and your sanity for me, that's why I hereby knight you. By the power vested in me," I declared as he crouched below me, "I hereby knight thee, and give yee the title of Lieutenant Corpse."

We both chuckled slightly

"If I'm Lieutenant then we need an army,"

"I've planned ahead, is Tommy online?"