36

Two days later

I got out of bed when my alarm went off. I turned it off before it could wake up Corpse because I knew he'd found it hard to sleep for the past few days. I slipped into some nice clothes and got ready to go out.

I'd purposely woken up later than I should've so I didn't give myself time to freak out which is how I'd spent the last day. I just kept reminding myself that this was all for Corpse. I glanced at him sleeping on the bed and smiled sadly.

As quietly as I could I put on some make up and went downstairs to eat. My hands shook as I ate but I  ignored it and finished eating.

When I pulled into the car park I took several deep breaths. Why did I even agree to do this? I guess I was scared, I hadn't been properly shopping in years, and know because one person realised who Corpse and I look like I have to.

When I got home I was shaking slightly and tears brimmed my eyes. It wasn't just the shopping or the public, its that the intern I had trusted to look after me in the hospital turned out to be really creepy. She knew a lot about me and Corpse, stuff neither of us had publicly said before. 

She wouldn't stop reminding me that she had a picture of us either. I'd spent the last few hours feeling scared as shit, and now I had to go to Corpse and pretend nothing happened. When I opened the door I went to grab some food since I was hella hungry. He wasn't in the kitchen or anywhere else downstairs but I could faintly hear music upstairs.

It was coming from his recording room so I knocked on the door and it stopped quickly.

The door opened and he slipped out, not opening the door that much but I ignored it.

"Hey," I said

"Hi," he said with a smile, "I was worried I didn't know you were going out,"

"Oh yeah sorry, last minute,"

He nodded understandingly.

"So, what've you been doing while I've been out?"

"Nothing really, you wanna go down and grab something to eat?"

"Yeah okay," I said and he took my hand and led me downstairs.

"So where did you go?" he asked as we sat down to watch some tv

"Just for a walk really," I shrugged.

For the next few days things were somewhat weird for us. I was out every few days because, of well, you know. But whenever I was gone he holed himself inside the room set up with his stuff and whenever I was home he wouldn't go near it and he wouldn't let me near it either. By the end of that week he ended up having to go home because he said he needed something, of course he wouldn't tell me what.

I laid on my bed feeling like shit when I got a text.

Annoying ass intern bitch: are you free today I wanna go out

I really couldn't deal with her, not today.

Me: sorry not free

Annoying ass intern bitch: why not?? What's more important than me

Me: depression

Message deleted

Me: they are thinking of streaming today and I might join, nothing set yet tho

Annoying ass intern bitch: oh that's so cool, let me know if you do!

I groaned as she kept spamming me with messages but I ignored them. I tried to sleep but I couldn't and instead I went through Instagram. I wanted to die when my phone buzzed again but relief filled me when I saw that the text was from Rae.

Rae: hihi wanna join for some Valo??? (Say yes)

Me: idk if I feel like it rn

Rae: really? Why not :(

Me: I'm not in the mood.

Rae: plz?

Me: ok ok fine I'll play but give me like half an hour.

Rae: yayyaayyayayaayayya

Me: :)

I huffed and forced myself out of bed. I gave up half way and let myself slither off the bed instead. I got downstairs and chugged a bunch of water and had a snack since I hadn't eaten or drank today.

Setting up my PC I mentally prepared myself, practising my happy voice (idk if anyone else practises their smile and voice before going anywhere but umm I hope it's not just me). Before I knew Rae messaged me on discord with the link and I joined the vc. They were having a heated debate about chickens but I didn't really pay attention.

I joined the game and listened to their conversation until they started the game. I did ok, I guess, of course Rae was carrying us but I didn't play awfully. I still felt like shit but I felt better. Until I got a call from annoying ass intern bitch and I was so tempted to throw my phone across the room.

I muted myself and went afk on valo for a second and forced myself to pick up. When I picked up I waited for her to say something because I didn't know what to say.

"Can you introduce me to everyone?"

"What?"

"Just unmute and introduce me as your friend,"

"I can't,"

"And why not?"

I had no words.

"Introduce me to everyone or I'll introduce Twitter the the real you, and the real Corpse,"

Without saying anything else I unmuted.

"Guys say hello to my friend she wants to say hi," I said through gritted teeth . They all chorused a happy hello as tears fell from my eyes. I was a puppet.

They talked for a minute or two as I stayed quiet, barely able to hold my phone up to the mic. When they finally said goodbye I hung up as quickly as I could and muted myself so cry for a second. Composing myself again, I unmuted as I killed someone.

I seemed as happy as I could for three hours until I gave up and said I had to go, Hafu said she should go too so we all stopped playing.

Hullo guys im rlly sorry i didnt update for ages basically i got in trouble and i wasnt allowed my computer for ages and it took me longer than i thought to write this even tho its rlly shit but ty for all the support and 90k is AMAZING tysmmmm like THANK YOU that's crazy.