6

Sykkuno: hey, do you wanna play in an hour?
-delivered, read-

That was the message that broke my trance. I had been staring at the ceiling since 5am, it was now 9am.

Y/n: who's playing?
-delivered, read-

Sykkuno: I think it's me, Rae, Poki, Felix, Gloom, Corpse and Dan so far.
-delivered, read-

It took me a few minutes to reply after I read it but I finally managed to do it.

Y/n: sorry not today
-delivered, read-

Sykkuno: ok no worries
-delivered, read-

I put my phone down and not a minute later I got a call.

I groaned and reached for my phone. I felt my insides die when I saw it was my parents.

"We're going to pick you up in ten minutes," my mom said

"Wait, pick me up?"

My dad sighed, "your cousins baby shower, don't say you forgot,"

"No, I didn't forget I just don't know why you're gunna pick me up,"

"We didn't know if you'd be able to afford gas," my mom said, "we'll be there in ten," then she hung up.

I jumped out of bed and got changed as quickly as possible. I put on a tiny bit of makeup because I knew the harassment I'd get from my mom if I didn't put on any at all.

I brushed my teeth as I brushed my hair and grabbed a coat, scarf and shoes.

The doorbell rung and I spat my toothpaste out in the kitchen sink.

I opened the door, smiling because I was proud of getting ready so quickly, but my grin quickly disappeared when I saw my moms disappointed face.

"You look terrible," she said and my heart sunk

"Can we just go?" I asked

She sighed, "I suppose so,"

The whole journey my mom lectured me about how it was my cousin's special day so I should've tried harder with my appearance. And how is wasn't respectful to show up in the state I was in.

I sat in the backseat trying not to cry.

I decided to post something on Instagram to distract myself. I took a picture of my shoes and post it, putting the caption as "Wish I didn't miss him so Much"

I smiled at the half quote from corpse's song, before remembering how much he probably hates me now.

I sighed.

"Excuse me are you even listening?" my mom said. She continued her lecture as I stared out the window in pain.

As soon as we walked through the door I wanted to leave, there were A LOT of people. It was a big house, but it felt so crowded as I walked through the people to put my gift on the table.

It was painfully hard to navigate around the people but I got to the table and placed my gift.

"Y/n!" I heard and before I could turn around I was wrapped in a hug, "I haven't seen you in ages!" my cousin said happily. This, THIS, is by far the worst thing about my cousin, she was lovely, it was impossible not to like her, and even more impossible to hate her.

"It's been too long," I said, trying as hard as I humanly could to sound happy. She finally released me.

"You look wonderful," she complimented and I smiled.

She took me by the hand and lead me to a group of people, chatting away while we walked.

"Your channel has been going really well recently,"

"That's only because I met a bunch of big youtubers,"

"It's not just that, I know how hard you work, and it really pays off you earn a lot,"

"Thanks, but nowhere near as much as you,"

"But oh my gosh that Corpse guy's voice, amazing," I smiled at the sound of his name, "and everyone ships you two as well,"

"Sorry, they what?"

"Everyone wants you guys to get together, including me," she smirked and we stopped walking as we reached her friends.

I tried to join in the conversation as much as I could but I could never find the right words, and if I did they either never came out my mouth or they didn't leave my mouth correctly, which was the worst. In the end I just excused myself to go to the bathroom. I snuck upstairs and ducked into one of the bedrooms, one of the dogs followed me in and for the rest of the day I binged Netflix and cuddled the dog.

When some people were starting to leave I called an Uber and left without saying goodbye.

As soon as I got inside my house I rushed to the bathroom and threw up. I cleaned myself up and a few minutes later I texted my cousin to say that there'd been an emergency at home and that's where I was now.

I got onto my PC and started to stream. I decided to stream some minecraft because I hadn't done that in a long time so I started up minecraft and began my stream.

Probably about half an hour later Corpse joined my world.

[corpse: can we talk?]

[me: streaming] I replied coldly.

[corpse: well can I join?]

[me: maybe next time]

He left and my chat exploded with questions, which I ignored. I kept playing for another two hours, thanking them for every donation and occasionally glancing at the chat until I decided to end the stream. I got a message from Corpse.

Corpse: reply

Y/n: I don't want to talk rn

Corpse: why are you ignoring me?

Y/n: I told you I didn't want to talk

Corpse: So you don't wanna talk but you'll use my song as your caption. You even changed her to him so I think you do wanna talk

Y/n: I used your song, that's it, why do you assume I was talking about you?

Corpse: Just join my VC

I left it at that, and went to bed.