14

I woke up at 8 the next day to Soph with my stuff,

"thank you so much,"

"No problem, I get that you'd want to freshen up,"

"Yeah, also can you try not come into my room later today,"

"Bored of me already?" she asked and I rolled my eyes, "so who's visiting that you don't want me to see them?"

"Who said-"

"Your face, you look too guilty,"

I cursed at her and she chuckled.

"It's the first time I'm meeting him, he's picking me up," I said

"You'll be fine, just remember, if he can't see how amazing you are then he's not worth it,"

"Says you, you're married, I really like this guy, as a friend I mean, but I'm still nervous. I don't even know what he looks like and he doesn't know what I look like either and I'm worried because I've never done anything like this before and I don't wanna ruin the friendship and-"

"Relax," she said interrupting me, "If he can like you when he spends his day calling you, he can like you in person, somehow I get the feeling he's not one to judge,"

"You don't even know who-"

"I can read you like a book,"

She offered a few more words of comfort but left shortly after. In the bathroom I did my makeup, not too much but enough to cover up some spots and look somewhat nice.

Going back to my room, I closed the blinds and got changed, spraying every part of my body with perfume.

I didn't stop preparing myself until it was finally 10:33, he said he'd be here around 11. I took a deep breath, it was actually happening.

In about half an hour, I would meet the person I'd been messaging for the past three weeks nonstop. The person that hadn't left me when I'd opened up, the person that didn't make me feel bad about myself, the person no one knew, no one knew what they looked like. And I was about to meet them, touch them, feel them, see them, smell them, ok that sounded creepy.

It all hit me, why had he even asked to meet me? He'd only known me a few weeks, he has people he's known for months but he hasn't met them. Why me?

I didn't deserve this, we barely knew each other. I started to get dizzy.

I didn't know him, he barely knew me, he might be the only person I'd opened up to in a long time, he might be the person I feel most comfortable around, he might be the person I already trust so much but-

I stopped, I trusted him, I fully trusted him. The world stopped spinning, I smiled

I was about to meet my favourite person in the world.

I gathered my stuff up and stuffed it in my bag, suddenly getting really excited.

I didn't stop looking at myself or at the time until he texted me, 11:04.

Corpse: I'm here

Me: oki just grabbing my last stuff

Corpse: do you need any help carrying it?

Me: nah I'm good

I took one more breath and left my room, scanning it one more time to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything.

I nodded to myself. All the way down I tried to kept my thoughts from going places I didn't want them to go. The elevator seemed to be taking so long, I was only on the fifth floor it can't be that long.

As I was immersed in my thoughts, the bells ringing, I looked at the dusty screen. It had reached the bottom.

I took a deep breath, trying to stop myself from running all the way to Alaska before he realised I had been longer than I should have.

The intern stepped into the elevator and smiled at me.

"You leaving?" She asked

"Yeah, finally free,"

"Ok, well be careful on the stairs next time," she chuckled and I laughed too.

We looked at each other, I knew why I was looking at her, I didn't want to turn around, to see him waiting for me, I started to get scared again.

"Well, umm, I need to go scrub in,"

"Oh really, what surgery?"

"Heart transplant, I'm lucky, so I should go," she said and the elevator closed.

I stood there for a bit, delaying the inevitable. I finally turned around and headed towards the bright outside world.

I wasn't even outside yet before I saw a guy, leaning on a car parked just outside the entrance, he was on his phone, so I had a moment to look at the person I think (and also hoped because I look like a creep if not) was corpse.

He was in black jeans, they were fairly skinny with slits in the knees. I could see the glint of a chain hanging from them.

The hood of his black oversized hoodie was up and I could see a mass of curly black hair sticking out.

He felt eyes on him and glanced up, his eyes landing on me. He watched me as I walked towards him nervously.

I could see him looking at my outfit, working out as much as he could from my clothes.

I took a deep breath and walked outside. He straightened.

"Hi," I said, quietly

"Hey," he said and cleared his throat. It was weird hearing his voice from an actual body.

I smiled, breaking the tension and he laughed. He walked towards me and I put my bag down as he hugged me.

He was tall, quite a lot taller than me and as he wrapped his arms around me all my nerves faded and I leant into him.

He smelt nice, his clothes were nice and soft and he seemed really happy.

We talked as we got in the car, almost as easily as we'd ye ted over the past few weeks.

I watched him as he drove, the way his jaw flexed occasionally, the way he stayed concentrated on the road while still looking completely relaxed.

He glimpsed at me.

"What?" He asked

"I dunno, it's weird, I finally have a face to the voice,"

He chuckled, "hope I wasn't a let down,"

"Not at all," he was actually very good looking, his curly hair flopping over his face made me grin, "it just half doesn't feel real,"

"I know what you mean, it's like it doesn't seem like that voice is coming from that person,"

"Yeah exactly,"

He kept talking while I gave him directions to my house.

"How long was the drive?" I asked

"A bit more than half an hour, like 35 40 minutes,"

I nodded

"Take a left here," I said and he turned the corner into a drive thru.

He looked at me and I grinned

"I'm hungry I haven't eaten proper food in several days!" I defended.

He chuckled and we grabbed some food. I ate it hungrily as we kept driving, occasionally passing him his food to take bites as he drove.