20

It was 4:55 am, he had fallen asleep watching tv on the sofa, his head in my lap, I couldn't sleep. I was still thinking.

I studied his face as his chest rose and fell. Looking at him now I couldn't help thinking how much I wanted him.

I wanted him, all of him, and all the time. He looked so still and peaceful, I wanna be close to him. I wanted to be near him every night. I hated when we were apart, the house seemed so empty.

I stroked his cheek and his eyes flinched.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket to check the time. 5:21.

I rested my head on the back of the sofa and shut my eyes. A tear slid down my cheek and I opened them again, looking at Corpse.

The only thing I remember after that is more tears and the feeling in my heart.

When I woke up he wasn't on the sofa anymore and I found him in the kitchen making cereal.

I leant on the door frame and watched him pour the cereal before he looked up and saw me. He smiled and I grinned back, walking up to him and hugging him. I closed my eyes as I hugged him, savouring his body around me before pulling away. We talked lightly and made cereal for ourselves and ate it in front of the tv.

I felt him looking at me and I glanced at him but by the time my gaze landed on him he had looked back at the tv. I took in his features before forcing myself to look away. I could've sworn he looked at me a few times whilst we binged Netflix but I didn't let myself look at him again.

Later that day I was in the bathroom, staring at myself in the mirror, telling myself over and over again that he didn't like me, he just wanted to be friends. Just friends, I said over and over again.

My thoughts were interrupted by a text from my cousin, shit.

I flew out the bathroom and ran to the living room where  told Corpse that I had to go for a second.

"Corpse?" I asked and looked over at him, asleep on the sofa. I grabbed a pen and a piece of paper, telling him I'd be back soon before placing it on the table in front of him. I was about to turn around and leave when his peaceful expression, slightly moving with each breath.

I couldn't stop myself and crouched down in front of him, raising my hand to stroke his cheek, closing my eyes as I kissed him on the lips as gently as I could. Not even twenty seconds later I was gone, out the door.

"You call this an emergency?" I sighed when I arrived

"I'm sorry, but this is important,"

"Why do you even have this many people here?"

"A misunderstanding please just do it for me, I'll owe you,"

I looked in dismay at the people watching us eagerly.

"Come on Sarah," I groaned

"I know, I'm sorry,"

"I thought it was an actual emergency,"

"This is an ac-"

"No, it's an emergency for ME, you want me to let fifteen people stay at my house over night for a reason you won't tell me,"

She looked stressed.

"Please, I need you to do this for me,"

"Fine, fine fine fine, I'll do it, just give me a moment,"

She pulled me into a hug but I didn't hug her back.

"I'll be back in a sec," I went to my car and called Corpse, please pick up, please.

"Hello?" his voice came

"Hey, oh god, I'm sorry,"

"What is it?"

"My cousin did something, I don't know what, she won't tell me but she needs some people to stay over,"

"That's fine,"

"Mmm, that's the things there's fifteen people," He was quiet, "I'm sorry, I don't know why but she needs me to do this,"

"Ok, yeah that's fine," he said but he sounded unsure

"Are you sure, I can always tell her no,"

"No, it's fine, but-"

"That's fine you don't have to meet them or say hi or anything, we can hide upstairs all night watching films,"

He grinned, "sounds good,"

I looked at four cars following me to my house, oh god what did Sarah do, I'll murder her.

I showed the around, told them they could help themselves to any food, locked my recording studio, the stuff in there was expensive, said they could choose where to sleep and grabbed snacks for me and Corpse before running upstairs. He was on my bed, scrolling through his phone.

He smiled and looked up when I came in, shutting the door behind me and sighing. I went to lay next to him on the bed and he put his arms around me.

"I'm sorry," I muttered, I could hear them from here.

"It's fine, didn't we say we don't need to apologise about things we can't help,"

I paused. We did say that, right before we kissed. I couldn't think of anything to say so I just wrapped an arm around him and he held me tightly. I listened to the fifteen people doing god-knows-what in the living room.

"I'm going to murder my cousin,"

We stayed up all night hugging and watching films. Even if I'd tried to sleep I wouldn't have been able to. The people downstairs were making so much noise.

They looked a bit younger than me, 18-20 so I understood that they'd want to have fun, but seriously?

I couldn't concentrate on the film, I'd told them not to come upstairs, but I didn't trust them, and they'd probably tell Sarah that I was with someone in bed and she'd want to know who and-

There was a crash downstairs and I flinched, it sounded like several things breaking at once and I couldn't help myself wincing.

I heard someone running up the stairs. The first set of stairs had 14 steps, the person went to 14 steps, then more.

I panicked, shoving Corpse off the bed onto the side you couldn't see from the door. He grunted and groaned in response but I threw a pillow on top of him just as the door burst open.

A boy, breathless and energetic was there.

"Is um- the room you locked, with them computers, is that important?" He panted

I froze, my whole body tensed, he looked at me for a bit.

"Hello?"

I still couldn't find any words to say.

"Leave, please," I managed, still not able to move. He looked around the room before disappearing and the door shut.

I was just looking at where he had shut the door. I didn't even notice the sound of pillows rustling and weight add to the bed. I felt arms around me.

I loosened and let him pull me into his body, hesitantly putting my arms around him too.

He unpaused the film as I stared into space, horrified, my eyes glassy.

Does anyone have any anime suggestions, if you do message or comment plez 🙏