12

I couldn't open my eyes when I finally came to, and immediately felt that I wasn't in my house, let alone in my bed. I suddenly flinched, shaking myself properly awake and I opened my eyes to see my cousin rush to my side.

"Hey," she said softly

"What happened?"

She smiled sadly, "after the party I forgot my bag, I texted you but when you didn't reply I just drove back, when I got there you were at the bottom of the stairs,"

I rubbed my head as it all came back to me, the dizziness, the blurriness, the nausea, and what caused it.

"Where am I?"

"The hospital," she said quietly. I sat up and instantly realise the beeping in the background, the wires and the room that smelt like anti-biotics. She was in her work outfit too.

I chuckled painfully and rested my head back on the pillow.

"Umm," she mumbled

"What is it?" I asked, knowing there was more

"You had internal bleeding, and you had surgery,"

"What?!"

"You were out cold for about a day, when you woke up they took you for a bunch of tests and then you had your operation, and because of your adrenaline levels they kept you on anesthesia for a bit longer,"

"So how long have I been here?"

"Three days,"

I rubbed my head again and groaned.

"I'm really sorry," she said as her pager started beeping

"No, it's ok, you go," I said and she ran out the room. I sighed and looked at the room more. It was boring mostly, I had a canula going into my arm, the bed was in the middle of the room with the side bars up. What do they think I'm going to do, fall out?

There were windows on one side, facing into the hospital, but the blinds were closed and the walls were the normal hospital blue and white. I sighed again and stared at the ceiling, closing my eyes and embracing the silence. It only took me a few minutes to fall asleep.

I woke up a few hours later and was about to pick up my phone when a bunch of doctors came through the door. The older one asked one of the younger ones to brief them so I assume they were interns. I zoned out as the intern said a bunch of words super quickly and I could've sworn it wasn't English.

After a minute or two to checking my chart and talking to one another the older one started to talk to me, asking me a lot of questions, mostly about my anxiety or if I remembered anything before I blacked out.

I told them everything I remembered, trying to go upstairs, feeling sick, nosebleed, everything and at the end he asked me if I could think of anything that could've triggered it.

"Umm, I got into quite a big argument with my parents,"

"Was there any shouting?"

"Yeah," I half chuckled, "a lot of it,"

They all left shortly after that except one of the interns who checked all my machines.

"Impressive, isn't it," I said

"What?"

"I fall down the stairs and black out for three days, I wake up attached to a bunch of machines and turns out I've had surgery because of internal bleeding," I smiled softly as I said it and she chuckled in response

"You're lucky your cousin found you when she did, it could've been a lot worse than it is,"

"How many drugs have I been on over the past three days?" I asked

She puffed, "more than I can count,"

"Good," I mumbled, she laughed and I chuckled softly too. My phone started to ring. She looked at me for a bit before opening her mouth again.

"Someone missed you," she said and left.

Confused, I grabbed my phone which had stopped ringing by now and my eyes widened.

Corpse pov - one day ago

"Has anyone heard from Y/n?" I asked as we played Among Us, everyone said no, I was starting to get REALLY worried.

"No," Poki said, "I've invited her a few times but she hasn't replied to any,"

"Did you try texting her number?" I asked

"I don't have her number, why, do you?"

I could hear her smug smile behind her mic and blushed slightly.

"Yeah, but she's still not replying,"

She hadn't texted me since her family thing, I was stressing, and over-thinking but I couldn't shake the bad feeling in my gut. I tried calling here again, and sighed when she didn't reply yet again.

Y/n pov - present day

I saw a bunch of texts and missed calls, almost all of them from Corpse so I called him back and he answered immediately.

"Hey are you ok?" he asked quickly

I chuckled lightly, "yeah, I'm ok, accident prone but ok,"

"What happened?"

"I fell down the stairs," he held his breath and I chuckled, "I'm in the hospital,"

"You're in the hospital?"

"Yeah, but don't worry they said all my bleeding is internal, that's where all the blood's supposed to be," I joked (IF YOU GET THE REFERENCE)

"Shut up," he groaned and I chuckled

"I'm ok, really, can you hear the beeping on the other side?"

I practically heard him internally groan, but I could tell her was relieved to hear from me.

"Yeah," he said and I giggled

We talked for a long time, longer than I realised and soon enough my cousin came back, looking exhausted so I ended the call and she sat down.

"What's up?"

"I just came out of a really tedious surgery," she explained and I chuckled

"You can't laugh, you look a lot worse,"

"Bet I looked great at the bottom of the stairs,"

She laughed, exasperated, "you scared me,"

"I'm all good,"

"You always say that,"

"Well I'm always good," I lied

"Who were you talking to just now?"

"Just a friend," I said vaguely and she raised her eyebrows.

"Just a friendshuh?"

"I say that because I know you'll freak if I actually tell you who, anyway why'd you ask?"

"You had that same happy smile," she said and I nodded

We talked for a little before she was paged again. She groaned and ran off.

Another doctor came in a few minutes after that and started talking to me. It sounded a lot more like English than before but I was so tired I didn't process a single word of it and knocked out as soon as they left.

I slept the whole night, the best sleep I'd had in a long time and when I woke up the next day I could hear the muffled sounds of everyone starting their shift in the hospital. I smiled, relieved that I chose not to be a doctor in the end.

My phone started ringing, Corpse. I smiled and picked up.

"Hey,"

"Hi," he replied but he sounded stressed

"What's wrong?"

"I need to ask you something serious,"

"Ok..."

"Can I come see you?"