23

I spun around on my gaming chair, deep in thought. He was having a shower and I was thinking about what he said earlier.

He said that he liked someone, but why hadn't he told me? Why didn't he want to tell me?

I kept over thinking until there was a knock on the wall and I stopped spinning to see him in the doorway.

The room kept spinning but I tried hard to focus, and eventually it stopped

"Hey," I said with a smile

"Were you just spinning on your chair?"

"Maybe," I grinned and he matched my smile.

I glanced at his wet hair, tiny droplets shining in the sun and had an idea.

"Oh no, you have that look on your face, when you have a really stupid idea,"

"This ones a good idea," I said trying not to laugh at what he would look like with straight hair.

"Why am I letting you do this?" He asked himself as I ran the straightener over the first part of his hair.

"Because your gunna look 10 out of 10, I'm the best hair dresser around,"

"You've probably never cut hair before,"

"I'm all seriousness I'm actually very good at cutting hair, I used to always cut my own hair until my friend became a hair dresser and now she does it for me, but I used to until like a year or two ago,"

"Wait actually?"

"Yeah,"

We talked as I straightened his hair and I made him face the other way to the mirror so he couldn't see himself.

Talking to him was always easy, I don't know why but one of us always had something to say, it's easy and basically never awkward, it was nice.

"You look very concentrated," he said when I was nearly finished.

"I am very concentrated, I'm almost done,"

Not even three minutes later I sifted through his hair to make sure there were no curly bits, and there weren't.

"Ok, all done, are you ready to see," I asked, trying not to smile but I couldn't help it.

"Judging by the fact that you're trying really hard not to laugh, no, no I am not ready,"

I just grinned. He sighed and turned around. He didn't say anything while he glanced between mine and his reflection.

I tried my hardest to stay serious.

"What have you done to me,"

I laughed even more. He looked like he was about to kill me until a smile formed and he laughed to.

"You're so annoying," he said through laughs.

"It's not that bad, stay here,"

I ran into my bathroom and came out with hair gel, smoothing a bit through his hair, and it didn't actually looked bad. He seemed like he approved.

I took a bit more hair gel and made his hair stick up in a mohawk. I smiled at him in the mirror as I kept shaping his hair funny, each time pausing to laugh.

He chuckled as well until I did this:

"Oh my god you bitch," he said threateningly and I almost collapsed laughing

"Oh my god you bitch," he said threateningly and I almost collapsed laughing. He tried to not smile but it crept onto his face anyway.

He stood up and picked my up, slinging me over his shoulder.

I squealed as my tears streamed onto my forehead. Suddenly the whole world spun and I found myself on my bed with him lying down next to me.

We both laughed for a bit before he looked at me, something in his eyes.

He looked happy, his doe eyes full of care and hopefulness, scanning my face; his lips slightly parted, his face so close to mine that if I hadn't straightened his hair it would be tickling my forehead.

Suddenly his lips were on mine, it took me by surprise slightly, but I quickly placed my hands on his face and melted into the embrace.

His gentle hands found my waist and rested them on my hips. A million thoughts were going through my head, until I realised one thing, and sat up, leaving him still lying down on the bed.

He sat next to me, a dejected look on his face.

"I- I don't know if this- I don't know,"

"What don't you know,"

"I don't know what we are. We kissed, we didn't talk about it, we kiss again, and I don't if it'll actually mean anything. Does this actually mean something or are we both just- ugh I don't know, I just don't know what we are and I don't know if this will change anything and- and you like someone, and that person isn't me and-"

He interrupted me by kissing me gently. We stayed there for a few seconds before he pulled away.

"You are the person I like,"

"But you said earlier that they don't like you like that,"

"I didn't think they did,"

"We kissed and you thought I didn't like you,"

"I heard you talking to your sister, when you said that I was just a friend and that I was only in your room because you needed the space,"

I paused, "you heard that?" He nodded, "it wasn't true,"

He smiled, "well I know that know," he looked down at my lips.

"And then what about the first kiss? Why didn't you mention it?"

"Well why didn't you mention it?"

"Mmm, good point,"

I didn't realise we were gradually getting closer until his lips grazed mine.

"So we're doing this?" I asked in a whisper

"We're doing this," he said and kissed me. I didn't hesitate to kiss back and he wrapped his arms around my waist as I did the same around his neck.

We stayed like that, our lips moving perfectly together until I ran my hand through his hair and paused.

"There's no way in hell I'm kissing you with that hair," I said breathlessly

"It's your own fault,"

"Well I won't do it,"

"So what, you're just gunna wait until tomorrow?"

"No, I'm gunna force you to go and have another shower, I wanna kiss you,"

He rolled his eyes, giving me one more kiss until disappearing into the bathroom.

I laid back on the bed and sighed, content. I couldn't get the smile off my face, not that I tried.