22

I tried to focus on the tv as much as possible, but my mind always wondered to Corpse. I needed to know what we were, and where we stood, but I couldn't just ask him.

The rest of the day went quickly, and that night I pulled an all-nighter, overwhelmed by my thoughts.

Was I over thinking? Did he actually just see me as a friend.

It was definitely clear that some of the stuff we'd do wasn't just friends.

Friends don't think about kissing each other. Friends don't almost kiss. Friends don't use any excuse to touch the other. Friends don't look at each other like that.

When the sun started to rise I had finally come to a conclusion. We were just friends. No matter how much I wanted to be with him, I had to suck it up, because he only wanted to be friends. I didn't want to pressure him into anything and even if we did start something more it wouldn't work. It was either friends or nothing.

I got up and headed to my recording studio downstairs. I walked through the empty doorframe and sat down at my desk, putting the "starting stream in 30 minutes" page on YouTube.

I put a timer on and went to go make some breakfast, but didn't fancy anything to I grabbed some chips instead.

I sat at my computer for half an hour, going through reddit and other random shit before my timer went off.

I started the stream and watched as people joined.

"Hello hello hello," I said smiling, "I'm sure you've read the name of this stream, but if you haven't, we're doing truth or dare, it's not what I'm used to, never done it before and it scares the crap out of me but I'm doing it.

Just put your truth or dare I'm the chat, I'll try and do as many as possible, I will ignore every date asking me to do a face reveal and every truth about my personal life so don't even bother, let's go.

Do I have siblings?
No I am an only child, lucky me

Where am I from?
America, that's it, I'm boring as hell but yeah,"

I answered a few more questions and did some dares before I heard the bloop of someone joining the VC.

"Hello?"

"Whaddup baby," corpse said, catching me off guard

"Oh hey Corpse,"

"You playing truth or dare?"

"Unfortunately so,"

He chuckled

"Wanna join me?" I asked

"Yeah,"

"Cool, when was the last time you lied? Well mine was probably earlier on in the stream, you?"

"Mine was that I wanna join,"

"Oh great, thanks,"

"What's the next question?"

I squinted at the chat, having to slow it down to read any (also I got literally all of these off the internet cuz my brain don't work so no judge plz)

"What's your biggest fear?" I asked

"Hmm, water, the ocean I guess,"

"Ooo good one, children and old people, they scare me,"

"Wait what why?" He said laughing

"They're so unpredictable, they're either super nice and sweet, or the rip your throat out, no in between. Hold up this ones deep, are you ready for this?"

"No,"

"Have you ever been cheated on?"

"Woah, ok, but umm no I haven't,"

"Really?!"

"Wait you have?"

"I mean, yeah," I said, "it's actually a funny story, right,"

"Umm ok,"

"So I was with this guy, and I really liked him, and then he disappeared for a week, like completely gone, bearing in mind we lived together, and then I didn't see him for a week. He came back, proposed to me, when I said I wasn't sure, because Yknow he disappeared, he got super mad and turns out the week he was gone he got married... in Vegas!"

"That's, Err, not the funniest story I've ever heard,"

"Really? I always thought it would make great conversation,"

"Mmm, maybe we should talk about that later,"

"Or we could just go onto the next question, what is the worst things that's happened to you in front of gf/bf. I don't have one, do you?"

"Unfortunately so, so this one time my friend set me up on a date with a girl, and he said I would really like her. So she came round and I'd set up like a bunch of food, turns out she was vegan,"

"Oh no, oh god, what did you do?"

"Well she told me so we just watched tv, didn't eat anything,"

"Oh damn ok,"

"Can we go onto the next question now?"

I laughed, "yeah,"

I scanned the chat, most of them were dares for a face reveal but I ignored those and sifted through the comments.

"How did I know this was gunna come up?" I muttered to myself

"What's the question?"

"Are you single/dating/crush,"

"Oh,"

"If you don't wanna sneer you don't have to, same for all of these,"

"No it's fine, I mean there's this one girl,"

At that moment I was so thankful I didn't use a webcam. My smile dropped and my face went pale. My heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach and I felt like crying, but I pushed it down.

"Ooo, Corpse has a Corpse Bride,"

"Shut up, I just like her, but I know she doesn't like me like that,"

"Aww, she doesn't deserve you Corpse, if she can't see how awesome you are then sucks for her,"

He chuckled, "if only I could think the same thing. Anyway you need to answer as well,"

"I'm a single pringle, next question. What is something you're really good at and something you're really bad at. Ooo we should answer this for each other,"

"Ok, umm, you're bad at, umm, I can't think of anything, oh you're bad at cooking,"

"Mmm true,"

"You're good at baking but bad at cooking,"

"You can just tell how healthy I am,"

"And your good at scaring off kidnappers,"

It took me by surprise and I started laughing uncontrollably, he laughed to. The laugh I loved so much, which only made me laugh more.

After recovering he asked me what he was good and bad at.

"You're good at making people feel special and loved, like they have value," I said with no hesitation, "and you're bad at stealing vodka,"

"Oh, I thought that was one of my strengths,"

"Sorry, maybe you should try something else, maybe stealing children instead,"