15

We finally pulled into the drive way after a 20 minute drive and he eyed the house.

"Welcome to my humble abode," I said jiggling the keys in the door until it finally clicked open, "we all have a weakness, and mine is keys,"

"And mine is foil," he said absentmindedly as he stepped in.

I threw my back of things onto the floor and slid my shoes off.

"You can keep your shoes on if you want, but the floors are slippery," I said, adding a slide to demonstrate the floor.

He slid his shoes off, still looking around the house.

"You are allowed to say something, I'm not like those people that say their roof their rules," he chuckled

"Sorry, but it's like five times bigger than my apartment,"

"It was always my dream as a kid to save up loads of money to buy a big house as soon as possible so I could move out and rub it in my parents' faces," I smirked and he looked at me with a cheeky smile too.

I looked into his eyes

"I always wondered what colour your eyes would be," I said and he smiled, still studying my face, "sorry, was that creepy?"

"No not at all," he said, I blushed slightly for some reason.

"Umm, want me to show you around?" I asked

I showed him the kitchen (including the hoard of food), the living room, the dining-room-of-bad-memories, recording room and downstairs bathroom before going upstairs.

I walked up the stairs backwards while we both talked away. He was easy to talk to, and didn't make me feel uncomfortable when I embarrassed myself. Which was a gift considering how much it happened.

Half way up the stairs my hand touched something cold and watery, my blood.

"Ah, ignore the bloody stairs," I said and he chuckled, "I'll clean that later,"

I showed him the guest rooms, the random kinda small room with only a table in it. (We all have it, or something like it... right?)

Eventually I led him up the second set of stairs to my room, which was basically an attic room but the roof was high so I made it into a room.

"And that's kind of it," I said falling onto the bed, sitting up and patting the spot next to me, he got the hint and sat down next to me.

"That's kind of it, you say, it's like a fucking mansion,"

"Mmm, it's just comfortable," I shrugged in and annoyingly high pitch voice.

"Ok Karen," he said and I chuckled

I laid back down on the bed staring at the ceiling with my legs dangling off the edge. He dropped next to me and we stared at the ceiling together.

I grabbed the remote from my bedside table and turned on the galaxy night light projector thingy.

"That's cool," he said

"It was a gift, from my cousin,"

"Is this doctor cousin?"

"I sometimes wish she hadn't become a doctor, not just because my parents held it as a standard but it's just always kept us distant. She's like the exact opposite of me but we always got along really well, I just felt like my parents wanted her, not me,"

"Well then they're just stupid if they can't see how amazing you are,"

I chuckled, "thanks,"

We talked a bit before I suggested to putting on a film. I grabbed us both a drink and a snack from downstairs, taking this time to get rid of the blood on my stairs, I didn't want anymore reminders about that day.

I walked back to my room with the snacks in hand. He was waiting, politely sitting on the bed since the tv was opposite it.

He was looking at his phone, but put it down and smiled when I came in.

By the time we'd watched two films we'd finished all the food and were both talking while on our phones. I looked up from my screen to glance at him.

"I feel like it's always all about me," I said and he looked up

"How do you mean?"

"Like I'm the one with trash parents, I'm the one who breaks down every few days, I'm the one who went to hospital,"

"I can assure you I've had my fair share of ups and downs,"

"Then tell me about them, tell me everything,"

So he did, from his fibromyalgia to his sleep apnea to his anxiety, all of it. It calmed me a lot to hear his voice, and it made me so happy to know he could open up to me, I guess this is how he felt when I did the same to him.

When he finally finished he took a deep breath. I could easily see how hard it was for him to talk about it, and I appreciated that he told me all of that.

I rolled over to him and hugged him, putting my arms around his waist. It took him a second to hug me back but he wrapped me in his arms and held me tightly. We hugged for a while, holding each other as tightly as we could.

We hugged until I suddenly felt him shaking, he was crying. I pulled him even closer to me and he buried his face in my shoulder.

"I'm sorry," he managed through tears

"No, you have nothing to be sorry for, don't apologise,"

"Thank you," he said and we stayed in each others arms for a long time.