31

The next morning I got out of bed and went to have some breakfast.

After eating I went into my room and got changed. I put some jeans and a jumper before grabbing a coat and my keys.

I took a deep breath before opening the door, going outside always made me nervous. I opened the door, got in my car and drove to the shop.

I rarely went to the actual shop, normally I just ordered for delivery but I always bought cake last minute.

After getting lost a few times I finally found the cake isle and strolled through it.

Walking through the cake isle, I chose the one I wanted, bought it and headed back home quickly.

Rae had texted me.

Rae: hey we're doing 10am Valorant if you wanna play

Me: sure thing

When it was nearly ten I saw Rae was just sitting in the VC waiting so I joined.

"Rae, Rae, Rae, Rae, Rae," I whispered repeatedly

"Y/n, Y/n, Y/n," she whispered back. I had to turn up my volume to hear her

"Rae,"

"Y/n,"

"R-"

"Hello!" Peter said loudly, nearly defeaning me

"Aaaah Peter," Rae squealed

"What?" he asked confused but we didn't explain and just laughed. Everyone joined while we were laughing.

"Rae? Y/n? What's funny why are you laughing?" Sykkuno asked

Rae made a snort-hiccup sound which only made me laugh more. I clutched my stomach in pain.

"Umm," Scarra said awkwardly

I cleared my throat and sat up.

"Yeah? What's happening?" I said politely as if nothing had happened

Rae muted herself so I assumed she was still laughing and I took the time to start my stream.

We started playing shortly after. We were attacking first, Bind map.

I bought a Ghost, Sykkuno took the spike and we all ran to A. 3, 2, 1.

Half an hour later.

"Fuck," I yelled as I got killed again. It had been a really bad game so far. I'd had the oppurtunity to clutch and I failed, "I'm so bad,"

"You're not bad, you're just having an off day," Rae said

"Yeah, everyday is my off day," Sykkuno said and everyone verbally abused him for a bit. I died almost instantly and put my head in my hands but I accidentally knocked my mic which hit my glass of water and it fell off the table and smashed.

I swore colourfully under my breath. The next game started so I left it for a bit to play.

(icebox)

"A, A, A," Rae repeated

I shot one person but someone killed me from behind.

"Damn it," I cursed, "I'm sorry guys,"

"No worries," Peter said

"Yeah it's fine," Sykkuno added

We won the game even though I fucked up every time.

While sitting in the lobby I cleaned up the glass on my floor, muttering under my breath

"Why do I have to fail at everything I can't play, I can't tidy up glass without cutting myself," I said as I noticed the small stream of blood from my wrist, "I can't even be a good fucking girlfriend without scaring him off, on my fucking birthday too, I can't fucking function like a normal person,"

I threw the glass away and got back to the game.

"Hello I'm back," I said cheerily

"Hiii- oh Jesus," she said as she died, "I need to stop saying that, Jesus- oh fuck,"

I chuckled softly as I died as well.

I checked the chat and my face went red as I saw them all spamming happy birthday.

I muted myself on the VC and talked to chat.

"Huh why are you all saying happy birthday?" I asked, "it's not my birthday,"

Had they heard me? No I'd muted my mic. I'd never said anywhere that if was my birthday today. Not even Corpse knew.

"It's my moms birthday," I lied, so thankful they couldn't see me face right now.

"My moms birthday," I said again, starting to panic.

A donation came through

'You said it was ur birthday when you said u couldn't do anything but u can and I love youuuu'

I froze. I swear I'd muted myself. Shit.

I didn't know what to do and almost decided to end the stream but I stopped myself. I went for the end stream button again but stopped myself again.

I kept going back and forth, really not sure what to do.

In the end I ended the stream and told the others I had to go. I sunk into my chair and ran my hands through my hair. I'm such and idiot.

I tried to control my breathing as I walked into the kitchen and taking the cake out the packaging. I put the whole thing on a plate and carried it to the living room.

Placing it on the table I ran to get match and a candle. I couldn't find a candle so instead I grabbed a toothpick.

I stuck the toothpick in the cake and lit it using the match. It took me a few times to lit the match but I got there in the end.

I stared at my pathetic cake and pathetic candle lifelessly before blowing out the 'candle'.

A tear fell down my cheek just as I stabbed my fork into the centre of the cake and spooned the first forkful into my mouth.

I'm sorry this is rlly late I reread it like a hundred times wondering whether or not to rewrite it I kinda hate this chapter.

Also sorry it's rambly I had to make it at least 900 words, that's my aim for every chapter.

949 words yay