28

I woke up the next morning alone in my bed, but I could hear the shower was on. I didn't want to get up just yet so I turned over and looked out the window for a bit. At some point I fell asleep again and I woke up about half an hour later.

I found Corpse watching tv in the living room, he didn't notice me come in.

"Hullo," I said

"Waddup baby," he said and put his arm around me.

i had an idea for this but decided to put it later in the story sooooo yh

It was Friday, Corpse had left the day before and I was playing Among Us with Lily again.

We were talking about our filming schedules when she mentioned the video they were filming on Sunday.

"So we only had half our people open for the video, but we had a way that we could still do it, but then one of our cameramen moved to Australia so we don't have enough time to get a replacement,"

"Damn that sucks,"

"We don't even think we'll be able to film it now,"

A thought popped into my head.

"Err hello? Can you hear me?" she asked

"Oh, sorry, I was just thinking, if you needed I wouldn't mind coming round to help, I have a bit of experience filming so I could help out,"

"Are you serious? That's fucking awesome, are you sure you're ok with it?"

"Yeah, it'll be fun," I said

About half an hour later there was a knock at my door. I assumed it was a food delivery or the post or something so I left Lily for a second to see, of course it was my parents.

"What do you want?" I asked

"Not happy to see us?" my dad asked as they let themselves in

"Are you gunna be long? I have a friend waiting,"

"You have a friend?" My mom asked surprised

I rolled my eyes, "do you come here just to abuse me? Because if so then please leave,"

"No we came here to talk,"

"Ok fine let me go say goodbye,"

I took as long as I could saying bye to Lily but I can only procrastinate for so long. When I went back for my parents they were sitting on the sofa with glasses of water.

"So, you wanted to talk?"

"Yeah, we want you to quit,"

I nearly choked, "sorry what?"

"Youtube is not a reliable career, a friend of ours has kindly offered you a spot as the school janitor and we just think-"

"What? You think what? Do you have my whole life planned? I left home ages ago thinking you would let me go, but you didn't and you still haven't,"

"Don't you think you owe us this?"

"I don't owe you anything, you tried to use me to live out your own fantasy, you've never cared about me,"

"Y/n, look, YouTube is based on how many people like you-"

"Sorry if you could never believe that anyone could like me but it is possible for people to not be as fucked as you,"

"As I was saying, YouTube is based on how many people like you, when you get older less people will like you,"

"You wouldn't know anything about that, people didn't like you in the first place," I mumbled under my breath

"What was that?"

"Hmm? Nothing,"

"Well you have an interview on Sunday for the job-"

"I'm busy on Sunday,"

"Doing what?"

"I'm helping some friends out with something,"

They were silent.

"Are these friends from YouTube?"

"Yes,"

"They aren't reliable either, they'll leave as soon as you stop being beneficial to them, they don't care about you, if they had their way you'd be gone by now, they're using you for views, they're just shallow,"

"Shut up,"

"You need to learn some respect,"

"No, YOU need to learn some respect. You've hated be more YEARS, bullied me, put me down, made me feel worthless, used me, you've never respected me, ever. I've had a life time of that, at this point you might as well give up because you've BROKEN me, and I can deal with that, I can deal with you. You can come round here whenever you like, tease me, abuse me whatever but what you CAN'T do, is talk shit about the ONLY people who have ever cared about me. You cannot tell me they hate me because the only people that hate me in this world are you. You BROKE me and what's done it done but I will NOT let you hurt my friends. So if you're gunna keep breaking me I suggest you leave. And this time don't come back, just don't. Don't waste your time,"

"Sweetie you have to realise these people are toxic, we're just trying to protect you,"

"The only thing I need protecting from is YOU. Now leave before the next thing you'll see is the inside of a body bad,"

time skep to Sunday

I looked at myself a hundred times in the mirror before leaving, I tried not to think about it that much but I couldn't help it. They'd said it was fine to just come in joggers but it felt weird, wrong.

I knocked on the door and Poki answered.

"Oh my go- oh my god hi," she said making me laugh. She hugged me and I noticed Lily standing behind her with Mimi in her arms, "I don't know why but I did not expect, I don't even know, it's weird,"

I laughed as I hugged Lily too.

"Hey motha fucker," Lily said

"Waddup fucka mother," I replied

After I'd said hello to everyone they showed me around and showed me where they were recording. I caught on pretty quickly and we watched some anime for a bit before they started getting ready.

I zoned out after they started until I heard the words 'special guest'

"Ooo that's me," I said

"Yeah, Y/n's giving us a hand filming today,"

"Nah this isn't even an unboxing video this is actually a face reveal, I'm stealing your channel,"

We laughed for a bit and I mumbled, "haha jk I'd break the camera,"

Before I knew it I was mopped by Poki, Lily and Yvonne.

It took a while for the to actually get into the video but after it started it was very fun, chaotic, but fun.

"Oh my god this person got us another darth vader mask," Scarra said

"Oh wait pass it," I said. He threw it to me and I caught it, putting it on.

I stepped into the frame as Poki said, "Go Y/n, Go Y/n," over and over again.

I waved awkwardly.

"Outfit reveal," I mumbled

Hours later they'd gone through a lot and there was stuff everywhere.

We went through it all, throwing away all the disgusting crap they'd been went and putting away the nice stuff until they all sat down on the couch to read all the letters. I couldn't believe how much stuff they'd received, they obviously made a lot of people happy, which was made abundantly clear after I listened to what people had written in their letters.

It was weird, letting them see my face, but they didn't make it uncomfortable, and it was, kinda nice, I don't know, maybe I should do shit like this more often.

It's literally midnight rn. I'm tired. Also should I start telling u how many word per chapter idk what d'ypu think