13

"As in, in person?"

"Yeah,"

"I mean I'd love to but I am in hospital right now,"

"I don't mind, I mean only if your comfortable with it,"

"It's fine with me, yeah,"

We talked for a little bit, discussing details and giving addresses until the nice intern came in and I had to go.

"Hey," I said and we talked lightly while she gave me more drugssss. (don't do drugs kids)

She left and I stared at the ceiling for a bit before I got a notification.

Pokimane is live: Among Us with Rae, Corpse, Spedicey, Sykkuno etc

I smiled and watched it, if I couldn't play then at least I could watch. I watched for a few hours until the intern came in again and she grinned. I smiled back. She glanced at my screen.

"You watch them too?" she asked, slightly surprised

"Umm, I guess you could say that," I smirked and she looked at me puzzled. I panicked internally for a second, "I only just started watching them recently," I said and she nodded.

"Do you know how much longer I'll be here?" I asked

"Your surgery went fine so you can probably go home tomorrow morning of you're feeing fine,"

We talked for a bit longer before she left shortly after that.

"Wait Corpse have you heard from Y/n yet?" Rae asked

"Oh yeah she's fine, just having a break from socials at the moment," he said and I grinned. I watched them play for a bit more before the live ended so I went back to being bored.

Corpse called me soon after they stopped playing and I told him what had happened so far, which wasn't a lot but I mentioned that the intern watched us, which made him laugh. We kept talking while he packed some of his stuff and I started to get excited, knowing that he was really coming. I made sure to thank him for covering for me.

The day went slow, I spent the day on my phone, binging all the streams they'd done while I was in the hospital. It was kinda weird to watch them, but at the same time it was comforting and a good way to pass time. Plus it gave me a few tips.

Eventually I ran out of videos so I decided to scare my viewers. I took a picture of the hospital room and posted it on YouTube with a caption saying I had one day to live and tagging that account that makes videos of fake messages with celebrities saying they have one day to live (i rlly hope you know what i mean cuz i look so dumb if you dont)

I chuckled evilly and put my phone down, smirking. I decided to try and go for a walk while I let the chaos ripple through the internet so I sat up. I put my hood up, knowing my hair probably looked awful but also to cover myself a bit more. It hurt a little but to stand up but I managed it anyway and left my room.

A few minutes later it started to hurt a bit more because the longest walk I had done before this was to the bathroom and I leant on the thing I had to bring with me because it was technically feeding. I could see the bag connected was almost full and followed the drip through the tube into my arm.

"Yummy," I muttered ot myslef and kept walking until I got to the front desk. I pulled my hood onto my head a bit more and kept walking. I knew my way around the hospital, I'd been here before, both to visit my cousin and as a patient. I also knew that at the front desk there was a box of blue rubber gloves and I grabbed two and went to the shop.

I passed the cafe on my way to the shop and my mouth watered at he food, even though I knew hospital food was never good. Walking away, I soon found myself at the shop and ducked inside. I bought a hairbrush and some moisturiser, planning on looking a bit better when Corpse arrived. I don't know why I agreed to meet him here, I'm in a hospital robe, my hairs really messy, I haven't put make up on and I really hadn't looked worse but the rest of the world seemed to fade away when I spoke to him, I just kinda forgot everything.

"You ok?" came a voice, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied to the intern, who's name I was surprised not to know by now.

She smiled back, "I saw you weren't in bed, just came to see you were alright,"

"Not dead yet," I joked. She looked at me a bit longer, before turning around to leave, "umm," I started and she turned around quickly.

"Yeah?"

"Is there a way I can change my clothes at all? I have someone visiting but I don't really want them to see me in this,"

I couldn't tell if she was happy to hear that or not, she seemed excited, yet somehow her smile faultered.

"Yeah that's fine, you won't need help right?"

"Umm no that's ok," I replied and my face went red

"Sorry, it's always awkward to ask but I have to ask all patients that have just got out of surgery," I nodded and she left hurriedly.

I thought for a while before putting the stuff I was about to buy back and going back to my room. On my way back I passed Sophie, just the person I needed.

"Oh soph can you do me a favour?"

"Depends, what is it?"

"When do you get off work?"

"Midnight,"

"You work until midnight?" I asked and she nodded and huffed.

"Do you think you could grab some stuff from my house and bring them here tomorrow morning?"

"Sure umm-" she was about to say something but was interrupted by her pager, "911," she muttered, "text me a list of what you want and I'll have it by 8 tomorrow,"

I just managed to say goodbye as she ran off and I headed back to my room. When I got there the intern was taking a few of the machines that I hadn't needed out and she smiled. I could've sworn she'd been kneeling next to the bed, looking at the ceiling and checking her phone beforehand but figured it was either my imagination or she'd dropped something.

I smiled back and grabbed my phone from where I'd left it and went onto the picture I'd posted, chuckling at some of the answers.

I replied to a lot of them before realising Corpse had messaged me and texting him back. He'd sent a screenshot of my post and said 'and here I was thinking you didn't want people to know 😒🙄'

I chuckled and texted him back, remembering to mention that I can leave tomorrow morning. He replied fairly quickly, offering to pick me up and we spent the rest of the day texting. I didn't even notice the intern come in and disconnect my machines to see if I could do fine without them.