TWENTY-SIX

"So do we have a case?" Carla asked her father. After what happened in class, she immediately called her father. James Chalamet is the best lawyer in town who just so happens to be Carla's father. He is also a busy man but always made time for his only daughter.

"It's lacking a lot but if you have witnesses, I'm sure we can go through with it." James spoke to his daughter through the phone.

"Zach would definitely be willing to speak. Shane too. I can probably ask Oren."

"How is Oren doing?"

"Uh fine why?" Carla asked her father confused.

"Just wanted to see how he was doing that's all sweetie."

"Right?" Carla nodded. 

"Listen I gotta go but I'll text you once I get everything finalized and we'll move on to stage two."

"Thanks dad. I love you."

"I love you too pumpkin. Bye."

"Bye." Carla spoke and hung up. She had confidence in her father for being able to build a case against Ramon. He was going to pay for how he's been treating everyone around here.

A knock on her door intercepted her thoughts. "Come in." Carla yelled as she saw Oren come in. "Oren?"

"Hey Carls." Oren said as he shut the door.

"Hey. Not that I don't like you or anything, but is there a reason why you're here?"

Oren chuckled. "I just don't have anything else to do. Bette's MIA. Shane and I got in a fight."

"So I was your third choice?" Carla jokes.

"Never."

Carla laughs. "What did you and Shane fight about?"

Oren didn't want to tell the girl. He didn't want her to look at him differently after they started becoming friends again. "It's stupid but I basically told him that I wanted things to go back to normal where I played the prince and he played the fairy. I didn't mean it but I just hate Ramon Costa right now and his dumb choreography and his dumb teaching style. Gosh he's such a douche." Oren complained.