FORTY-FOUR

"Carla! Carla wake up!" The girl gasped for air when she heard her name by her best friend

"Carla! Carla wake up!" The girl gasped for air when she heard her name by her best friend. "You all right?"

"My head hurts." Carla replied, causing Neveah to laugh.

"Join the club." She said as the three of them watched Officer Cruz talk to Bette.

"Madame will get her out of this." June said.

"Monique DuBois is gonna kill us. Did you not hear what that guy said?" Neveah shouted.

"Travis knows Monique."

"Which means you can be sure he's already called her." Neveah replied.

"Guys shut up. Your guys' fighting does not help with my headache." Carla complained as she rested her head on Neveah's shoulder.

"We got to take her down before she does worse to us." Neveah said.

June laughed. "Are you insane?"

"We're getting close to the truth, June."

"Guys..." Carla said, trying to stop her friends from arguing. Her eyes started to close from the dizziness. A pair of bright lights came from behind causing them to turn around.

Carla closed her eyes, trying to not stare at the light for too long because it wasn't making her headache any better.

"Everyone okay?" Delia asked which June and Neveah nodded. She then nodded then walked over to her sister.

"Is she all right?" Oren asked, looking at Carla who could not keep her eyes open. "Carls?"

"My head hurts." Carla whispers.

"Hey hey hey. I got you okay. Keep your eyes open please." Oren begged the girl as he let her rest her on his shoulder.

"I'm trying. But I'm just so tired."

"Carls? Carla!" That was the last thing Carla heard before darkness took over her again.