TWENTY-ONE

That night, Carla could not fall asleep. She was thinking too much. Was Oren actually going to break up with Bette for her? Did she still love him? And what about Shane? What would he think if he knew his best friend is back together with the guy he likes? Hell even Zach would be pissed.

Carla sat up, frustrated she couldn't sleep. Neveah still hasn't come back yet, but to be fair, Carla did leave earlier than everyone else. Carla figured she wouldn't be able to sleep anytime soon so she put on her boots and walked out to the balcony. A little fresh air could do her some good.

Opening the door, she saw her two best friends. "Neve? Shane? Oh my god is everything okay?" The girl rushed over to the boy who looked like he'd been crying.

"I'm fine Carls." Shane assured the girl.

Carla looked at Neveah only for the girl to shake her head.

"Shaney? It's me. You can tell me." Carla sighed. "Even if it's about my ex-boyfriend."

"How did you know?" Shane looked at his best friend.

Carla sighed. "I saw you looking at them before the show started. And then at the party I told him to stop leading you on."

"You said that?" The girl nodded. "You defended me even when I did all those shitty things to you?"

"You're my best friend Shane. And no matter how much it hurt hearing what happened, at least you told me. And besides, we were broken up so it wasn't half as terrible as what Betty did to me."

"I don't deserve you." Shane rested his head on her shoulder. "I fuck up everything. I'm surprised you're still around."

Carla laughed. "Yeah. But you have me to help fix everything." She looked at Neveah who was looking out. "How was volunteering, Neve?"

"Fun."

"Fun with the psycho?" Shane questioned.

Neveah rolled her eyes. "He isn't psycho. He's just hurting. We all are."

Carla patted the spot next to her for the girl to sit down. "So you don't think he pushed Cassie?"

"Of course not." Neveah said.

"Seriously?" Shane said, surprised at what he just heard.

"I'm with Neve here. As much as how creepy he could be sometimes, he loved Cassie too much. Cassie told me all the time." Carla explained.

"Yeah I guess you're right." Shane shrugged.

"Of course I'm right. I'm Carla Chalamet" Carla said as both her best friends laughed.

"As much as my first day sucked." Neveah admitted. "I'm glad I met both of you guys. I don't know what I'll do without you."

"Probably suck at your Pas de chat." Shane joked.

"Maybe." They all laughed as they enjoyed the view in front of them. In times like these, Carla was grateful to have friends by her side. But little she know her cousin was also hiding something from her. 

✄-----------------------------

Episode 3 done!! Please let me know what you guys think of the book so far and if there's anything you'll like to see in future chapters! 🥰