FIFTY-ONE

Shane's new boyfriend, Dev was able to find some information about the secret business Madame DuBois was doing. What Neveah said was true and she was going to handle it her way, which Carla didn't really mind. As much as she wanted all the men like Travis to get justice for what they did, Carla had another problem.

Two words.

Ramon Costa.

Her father has hit a dead end. And at this point, he's losing interest and motivation in trying to find more evidence. The only case they have for sure, is him trying to harm Neveah. That's it.

Assuming the white rose she found in his dresser is the same one Cassie held when she fell off the building is a bit of a stretch.

"He'll find something Carls. He's James Chalamet for crying out loud." Oren tried comforting the girl. They were in her room, just chilling.

Carla sighed. "I know. Maybe Neve's right. We ask him to do all this but he hasn't given us anything yet."

"Yet." Oren reminded her. "It might not be strong, but I'm sure he has something. Your dad has hit many dead ends and he always delivers and wins. You can't lose hope now."

"I guess you're right. I'm just not much of a patient person."

Oren chuckled. "I remember the time you got so mad at me for not replying to your text so you gave me a silent treatment for a week."

"That was one time." Carla pointed out. "And you're usually a fast replier so I thought something happened but it turns out you were hanging out with Zach and Shane."

"Hey we would have invited you guys but they said it's bro time, no girls. And besides you were shopping with Cassie."

"Shopping doesn't take 8 hours."

Oren shook his head. "Then you should have given me the silent treatment for only 8 hours. A week was a bit extra."

"Maybe. But it was fun watching you crack." Carla smiles as he pulls her into a kiss. A short but passionate kiss.

"I need to ask you something." Oren said. "I haven't officially asked you this but, we've been spending a lot of time together and I really enjoyed it. I know I still have a long way to go to regain your trust back and prove to you I love you and only you. But I know you are the one for me and I was wondering if you Carla Amelia Chalamet will make me the happiest boy alive and be my girlfriend?"

Carla laughed. "Well, I Carla Amelia Chalamet would love to make you the happiest boy alive and be your girlfriend."

Oren chuckled. "You're such a dork."

"Well you're a bigger dork for dating a dork, dork."

Oren rolled his eyes but pulled the girl into another kiss. 

✄-----------------------------

CARLA AND OREN ARE OFFICIALLY TOGETHER!!! WOWOWOWOW

ALSO who let me take 6 classes this semester?