FIFTEEN

"Let's go chica." Shane said to the girl as he stood at her door.

Carla rolled her eyes, putting her pointe shoes in her bag and walked out her room to see Shane wasn't alone. "Didn't realize we had company."

"Don't try to hide your enthusiasm Carla. We all know you love seeing me." Bette faked smiled.

Carla laughed. "Oh how breathing the same air as Elizabeth Whitlaw is my lifetime goal. Hold on Shane. Do you think you can document this for me?"

"Fuck you Carla."

"No thanks. I'm flattered though." By now Shane and Oren couldn't contain their laughter.

"I love you." Shane said as he put his arm around the girl's shoulder. Carla laughed as she scanned her card for the door to open only to see the same guy who tried to jump them nights ago.

"Oh man." He said.

"You put in our doors?" Carla questioned.

"You are dancers."

"Yeah and this one here gave you a shiner." Shane said, slapping his card on the guy's shoulder.

"Think it's time to return the favor?"

"Like to see you try." Shane said.

"We can easily take you." Carla added.

"Shane. Carla. We're not going there. Move." Oren said as he pushed both of them away from the guy.

Shane and Carla both flipped him off as they walked up the stairs.

"I could have easily taken him." Shane exclaimed.

Carla laughed. "Of course you can. Hell even I can take him."

"Girl I thought you were scary when you're focused, but that night. Damn."

"See you later Shane." Carla rolled her eyes.

Carla was doing a lot better than the last rehearsal. Ever since the night at the club, she felt more like herself. The life where she didn't always focus on ballet. Oren and her were doing great. Their partnership definitely improved.

"You were all crap." Ramon Costa announced. "But someone's got to dance the excerpt tonight for the Archer's board of directors." He picked up his bag. "We'll go with you two." He said to Nabil and June. "If you don't make a fool of yourselves, you'll probably get the parts."

After what Neveah told the girl about June, she has been seeing June differently. How could she do that to her and how did she even get a hold of the ballerina?

Carla looked at Neveah who had the same annoyance as she did.

How the hell did June Park dance better than Carla Chalamet?

✄-----------------------------

edited: august 24, 2021