THIRTY-TWO

Carla walked down the hallway, smiling at a few people she knew on the way. Her and Shane were going to go get In-n-Out for dinner. She knocked on the door and opened it. "Shane are you..." Her eyes widened when she saw Oren. "Oren?" She closed the door and immediately sat near him on his bed. "What's wrong?"

"I told her." Oren said, still not looking at the girl.

"Tell who what?"

"I told Bette about what happened with Shane and I. About you and I on that night. I'm a bad person, and I'm gonna lose everything."

"Oren that's not true." Carla tried to comfort the boy.

"Yes it is. Why do I keep wrecking everything that's good in my life?" He finally turned his body to face her, tears falling down his face. "I cheated on you because of my stupid ego. I cheated on Bette because I can't figure out what's happening with me. I'm nothing but a cheater and a liar."

"Ollie... you know that's not true." Carla pulled him into a hug, letting him cry on her shoulder. "You might have cheated but you're not a liar. You told me the truth about why you did what you did. You told Bette about Shane and us. You even stopped leading Shane on because you knew it wasn't right to continue. You didn't wreck anything. If anything you fixed it."

Oren lifts his head off her shoulder, looking at her in the eye. "Really?"

Carla nodded, whipping the tear falling down his face with her thumb. "I know you might feel like there's nothing else you can do to fix this with Bette. But like I said before, you always make the right decisions when it comes down to it. And no matter what happens, I will always be here for you."

"Thank you Carls." Oren whispered. The two stayed in the same position for a while. Carla occasionally patted his bare back to let him know she's always here for him no matter what.

The two's attention went to the opened door. "Gosh Carla's gonna kill me because I'm...." Shane's eyes widened with the sight in front of him. "What the hell happened?"

Carla knew Oren didn't want to tell his best friend what happened just yet so she said, "Something. But we're okay now. He's okay now." Carla turned to the boy with a smile.

"Alright don't tell me but I'm starving so can we go now?" Shane whined.

Carla nodded and turned to Oren. "You wanna come?"

"Where are you guys going?" Oren asked, his tears gone now.

"In-n-Out. I've been craving it since like forever." Shane replied.

"I think I'll..."

Carla cut the boy off. "Of course he's coming." After Oren told the girl about his eating disorder resurfacing again, she knew she had to help him. She knew how he gets when he thinks everyone's watching him. The boy needs to be reminded that no matter what he eats, his body can handle it and it'll still remain the perfect self. "Please." Carla pouted, giving him her best puppy dog eyes.

Oren smiled, thinking about how adorable she's being. "Yeah. I'm in."

"I don't know what just happened. But I'm uncomfortable and really hungry so can we go now?" Shane always had a talent of making things awkward between the two. 

✄-----------------------------

Happy New Years Eve!! 2020 was definitely a terrible roller coaster but no matter how bad it was, let's make the last day better than how it started so we can go into 2021 with a bang!! I love you guys so much and please continue to stay safe!!

Also I have no idea if there's an in-n-out where they are but let's pretend there is!