SIXTY-SEVEN

After what happened with Neveah, Carla needed to breathe. She couldn't believe someone she considered a friend to back stabbed her like that. And it hurt even more that Neveah didn't feel anything when doing it.

The girl closed her eyes as she let the cold air hit her face. Ironically enough, the balcony is always the place she turns to when she needs to calm down. The same balcony her best friend fell off on. Speaking of Cassie, she wondered why the girl was?

"Carls?" A familiar voice made Carla open her eyes. "Are you there?"

"Right here." Carla said to the boy.

"Carls. I saw you running out. What happened?" Oren asked the girl as he sat down next to her.

Carla shook her head. "It's nothing."

"Carls." He wiped the tear falling down her face. "It must be something for you to be crying. You can tell me."

Carla nodded, knowing he was right. "Neveah and I got into a fight."

"You guys get into fights all the time. I'm sure you guys will make up in no time." Oren reassured the girl, not knowing that won't happen.

"This time I'm not so sure."

Oren narrowed his eyes, confused. "What do you mean?"

"I confronted her because she totally ruined the chance for Zach to go to a school in New York. It's fine if she didn't want to do it, but to do that knowing Zach's only way to dance again is in New York, makes me mad. And it makes me even more mad she didn't feel sorry or any remorse in doing it."

"Maybe she was having an off night?"

Carla shook her head. "She practically admitted it to me. She also said she used both Zach and I because we have connections."

"She did not." Oren said, causing her to nod. "I can't believe this. After everything you and him have done for her this is how she treats you guys. Unbelievable."

"Yeah. And I actually thought she genuinely wanted to be my friend. But I don't blame her, I'm a mess. Who would want to be my friend?"

"Hey don't say that." Oren said, pulling the girl closer to his side. "You Carla Amelia Chalamet are the most beautiful, confident, caring person I've ever met. You always put other people first before yourself. And no matter how many people have hurt you, you never let them affect you. If anything it only makes you stronger and I love that about you. You never ever let anyone and their words affect you. People like them are just jealous that you know what you want in your life. They don't. That's why they try to break you down. Don't let them get to you. You're too good for those people." Carla sniffed. "Now where's that smile I fell in love with."

Carla lifted her head up from Oren's shoulder. She pulls him into a short, but passionate kiss. Trying to express how grateful she was to have him in her life.

"I was only asking for a smile but a kiss works too." Oren said, causing the girl to smile. "There's that smile."

"I love you Oren Lennox."

"Not possible because I love you more Carla Amelia Chalamet." Oren said, before getting up. "C'mon. We have an after party to get too." 

✄-----------------------------

Where can I get myself a Oren Lennox?