FORTY-NINE

Today was the photoshoot with Brooks. Carla didn't really care if she was the one being displayed on the building only because they already had a photo of her in the hallway, but hey any publicity is good right?

"There's a list taped up of the order I want to see you in and the shot I've chosen for each of you." Brooks announced.

"Why the sudden tension with you and June?" Carla asked Neveah as she set her bag down.

"It's nothing." Neveah replied.

"Neve."

"I don't want to talk about it all right." Neveah said, walking away to Zach causing Carla to sigh.

"Everything all right?" Oren asked the girl as he started to do a series of crunches.

Carla shook her head. "No, it's not. I just don't know if she's mad at me because I'm not going with her plan or if it's something else."

"I'm sure it's nothing you did."

"I just don't want Zach to be stuck in the middle of it." Carla said, stretching in a split formation.

"You gotta give Zach a little more credit. He knows what's right and what's wrong."

"I'm just glad you two are back to being friends again." Carla admitted.

Oren nodded. "Me too."

It was Carla's turn. She got into her ballon pose that Brooks picked out for the girl. He snapped the shot and looked at it in his camera and smiled. "Amazing Carla. Next."

After a while it was now Oren's turn and Carla could feel something off with him when he walked with his hood up.

"Take your time, Mr Lennox." Master Brooks said, causing Oren to finally take off his jacket. "And... turn out on the jeté. Good. Next."

Nabil finally walks into the studio but starts to shout. "No, no, I will not do this."

"The show is called Ripper. That's the Ripper hoodie." Master Brooks explained.

"You want me photographed wearing the clothes of Cassie's murderer the very day that she dies!" Nabil yelled. "How could you accept this?"

Carla's heart stopped. She felt awful. The feeling she felt on Cassie's accident came back. Instead of visiting her best friend in the hospital, she was too busy hanging out with Oren.

Caleb escorted Nabil out who was on the verge of tears. Carla whipped a tear falling down her face. She stepped outside the studio to collect herself.

She saw Oren passed out on the bench. "Oren?" He didn't respond. "Ollie?"

"Carls..." He said, opening his eyes.

"Hey hey. I got you. Everything's gonna be okay." She told the boy, pulling him into a hug.

"I forgot to eat." He cried.

Carla sighed, knowing how hard it was for him. No matter how many times she told him he looks perfect just the way he is, it wasn't enough. So the only thing she could do is be there for him and help him through it, slowly, but surely. "C'mon. I have a stash of chocolate in my room." 

✄-----------------------------

OMG RANKED #1? WHHHATT??? AND 28

OMG RANKED #1? WHHHATT??? AND 28.8k reads and 1k votes??? I love you guys so much! It really means a lot that you guys enjoy this book just as much as I enjoyed writing it! Sorry if I haven't been updating as much as I usually do, but now that I have the entire book written, I just need to stop being lazy to edit and post! HAHAHA. I love you guys so much and please stay safe and healthy! ❤️