NINE

"Hey Carla, wait up." Carla turns around to see who wanted to talk to her only for her to turn back around and continue walking. "Hey. I said wait up."

"What do you want Oren?" She asked her ex-boyfriend, wondering why he now wants to talk to her. 

"Nice double turns today."

"Thanks." Carla simply said.

"All about turning heads right? I mean, not my head, but like us turning heads together?" Oren shuttered.

"Whatever you have to say, just say it already."

"Right. If we want this partnership between us to work, I'm just going to say it. I'm sorry." Carla stopped walking and faced the boy. "What I did was terrible. I know that. And if I could rewind time, I wouldn't have let it happen. But we're finally able to dance with each other. It's what you always wanted. And I know times are different now, but I promise you I'll do everything I can to fix everything."

"You promised me a lot of things Oren. But look at what happened." Carla said, trying really hard to push back the memories of that night and everything after that.

"I know and I'm sorry. But we have so much we have to talk about. Okay and if you just tell me why..."

Carla cut him off. "There's nothing to talk about Oren."

"C'mon you must have some stuff you want to say to me."

"I don't." Carla crossed her arms, wanting this conversation to be over already.

"Carla I know that's not true."

"There's a reason why I don't want to talk to you because I don't think you want to hear what I have to say."

"You're wrong. Whatever you have to say, I deserve it." Oren said desperately wanting to know how the girl he will always love feels about him.

"Maybe you do, maybe you don't." Carla said, not knowing why she didn't want to see the boy suffer. 

"That's not true. Just say it, please." 

"Fine." Carla cracked. "You broke me. You broke my heart. And I hate you because I still love you. And I hate myself even more because of that. You happy?"

"Carls."

"I'll get you through the auditions, try to land us the leading role. But after that, stay the hell away from me. I mean it this time." Carla said as she turned around and walked away, tears falling out.

"Carla..." Oren yelled. 

✄-----------------------------

edited: august 20, 2021