FORTY-FIVE

Carla opened her eyes when she felt something bright facing her. She rubbed her eyes, adjusting to the brightness coming into her room. She felt a pair of arms around her waist. She turned around to see none other than Oren, sleeping peacefully next to her.

Carla poked his side to try and wake him up, which it did. He was always such a light sleep the girl thought.

"Hey." Oren said, his voice raspy.

"Hey." Carla said.

"Are you feeling any better?" He asked, putting his hand on her forehead.

Carla nodded. "Better than last night."

"Good."

"Thank you."

"No worries Carls." Oren smiled. "I'm just glad nothing bad happened to you guys."

"Me too."

"I'm sorry."

"For?" Carla asked the boy. 

"Everything. I deserved all the punches Zach gave me and possibly more for the pain I caused. You don't deserve that and I don't know how you can be so forgiving but... I just..."

Carla sighed. "Our dumb ego gets the best of us sometimes. It makes us make very rational decisions but at the end of the day how you learn from those mistakes to carry on in your life is better. You acknowledged those mistakes, it might not make everything okay but at least you know to not do it again."

"I know I break a lot of promises but this time I'm keeping this. I promise to never cause you any form of pain and will always talk to you when I'm scared or jealous of something. I know this won't make up the fact of what I did but I will prove it to you there's only you and only you in my life." Oren pulled the girl closer to him. Carla strangely didn't mind the position they were in right now. 

"How did you convince Torri to let you stay over?"

"You were... um... saying my name when we brought you here." Oren replied, causing the girl to look up at him.

"I was?" He nodded. "I don't remember."

"It's normal. You just had a minor concussion. So everything might be a little fuzzy. She left you some Tylenol to take. 2 pills every 6 hours."

Carla laughed. "Thank you."

"You thanking me a lot today. And it's only 6:32 in the morning."

"It's just... no matter how much we've been through, you still prove to me so many times you're always here for me."

Oren smiled at the girl. "You know? This girl once told me she'll always be there for me. And I think it's now my turn to return the favor. "

Carla blushed, relieved that Oren couldn't see her bright tomato face right now. "This girl must be really special."

"Oh she is. And I'm very lucky to have her in my life." Oren kissed the top of the girl's head. "We should get some more rest. Madame DuBois excused both of us to ensure you had your proper rest before going back to dance."

Carla laughed. "And how did you get her to excuse you too?"

"I'm your partner and if my partner isn't feeling well, so is me. And I kinda made a speech that trust has been broken and that this partnering helped rebuild it. You'll be surprised by what she believes."

All Carla could do was laugh before she cuddled herself closer to the boy. His body was like a warm heater and soon she was drifting off to sleep again. 

✄-----------------------------

Cute moment with Oren and Carla! 

Also I finished the book last night but I have two ideas for the ending and I have no idea which one I like better so I'm thinking maybe I'll publish both the endings I came up with? Idk. We'll see!