SEVENTEEN

"Carla I need to tell you something." Shane said as he abruptly barged into her room.

"Is everything okay?" Carla asked, concerned.

"No." Shane said, sitting down next to her on her bed. "I've been thinking about this a lot. And I know I should have told you this a long time ago but... ihadsexwithoren."

"Huh?" Carla asked, not catching the last part of his sentence.

"Ihadsexwithoren."

"Shane I can't understand yo---."

"I had sex with Oren." Shane yelled as he saw his best friend's eyes widened.

"You what?" Carla shouted.

"I had sex with Oren." Shane repeated.

"I heard what you said." Carla said, not wanting to hear it again. "When?"

"A month after you guys broke up." Shane admitted, guilty when he saw his friend's expression. "Carls... just know it meant nothing. He needed someone to experiment with and I happened to be there and..."

"So when you were comforting me after I cried my eyes out, you were actually boning him?"

"It meant nothing Carla."

"It had to mean something if you guys to continue to do it for all this time." Carla argued.

Shane gulped when he heard his best friend raise her voice, something she doesn't do often. "Carls. I'm sorry."

"Get out." Carla said.

"Carla please." Shane begged.

"I need some time to think Shane. I'll talk to you later." All Shane did was nod and walked out the door feeling more like shit than he originally did.

Carla cried into her pillow. She wasn't angry at Shane. She felt more betrayed. He knew how hurt she was after the incident. He was there for her through it all but only for him to be doing the exact thing they were doing behind her back.

"So do you think June will find out if I---." Neveah stopped when she saw her friend crying in her pillow. "Carla what's wrong?" She quickly pulled the girl into a hug as she cried harder. "Carl? What's wrong?"

"Shane told me... he and Oren had sex a month after him and I broke up" Carla hiccuped. "I'm not mad at Shane. I can never be. I just feel betrayed that he would comfort me through that breakup only for him to be sleeping with the enemy behind my back."

Neveah didn't say anything, only pulling the girl closer. If there's anything she learned from these past few months, is that her new best friend didn't want to hear any comforting words. She just needed someone to listen to her vent and that was what Neveah did before both of them fell asleep.  

✄-----------------------------

edited: august 24, 2021