FIFTY-EIGHT

Tonight was the night they were going to shoot the video. They all successfully made it into the studio without getting caught. Carla couldn't really understand how Bette and her boyfriend, who Carla punched by the way, got together, but she definitely needed to keep an eye on Shane before he does something stupid.

The girl said a quick hi to Dev before June started dancing with Josh and Frank (idk if there's a character named Frank but pretend the other dude June danced with is him). Carla smiled, realizing how far her friend came from standing up to her mom to becoming a beautiful dancer. It wasn't until she and Bette got into a little argument causing June to storm out.

Soon after, it was Carla and Oren's turn. They came up with a last minute routine that even Carla thought was pretty good given the time spent on it. They were just too busy living their life outside of dance. Everyone smiled as they watched the couple dance. Zach in particular knew he made the right decision. He smiled at the little conversation they had earlier.

15 minutes before

"Hey couz." Zach said, sitting down next to Carla on the bench.

"Hey." She smiled. "Not gonna lie you and Neve dance beautifully together."

"We do don't we." Zach chuckled, then suddenly got all serious. "I'm sorry."

"What for?"

"I wasn't really supported with you and Oren getting back together. I just... he broke you in so many pieces and I was left to pick it all up and I don't want that to happen again. You mean everything to me Carls. And I would do everything just to see you happy."

Carla smiled. "And I appreciate that Zach. But sometimes you gotta trust that I can take care of myself." 

Zach nodded. "I know but, no matter how many months, years, you will always be the little sister I wished I had." 

"I love you Zachy."

Zach pulled the girl into a hug. "I love you too Carl. It's you and me against the world."

"In New York?"

"You're coming with?" Zach's eyes widened.

Carla shrugged. "I'm thinking about it." 

Zach smiled. "Well hurry it up so we can plan. And so my parents can put in a good word when the reps come to the show." 

"Does that mean you're officially out? It's final?"

Zach nodded. "Nothing my parents can do. But hey can't let that stop me from doing something I love."

"What about Neve? Are you just gonna leave her?"

Zach shrugged. "Going to New York with me is still on the table for her. Don't know if she'll want to or not. Maybe it wasn't meant to be with her."

"You don't mean that Zach."

"She's just been too busy with all this Madame DuBios stuff. I can't remember the last time we actually sat down and talked like this." 

"Maybe when all this is over, she'll go back to the Neveah Stroyer you fell in love with."

"Maybe." Zach said, hope in his voice. 

Watching his two best friends dance together made Shane realize he made the right choice of letting Oren go. Even if it hurts his heart to see them both together, he loves Carla too much to get in the way of them. Like his boyfriend said before, he values the friendship he has with Carla, and he'll do everything to see her happy. Even if it means giving up the one person he learned to love.  But let's face it, Carla and Oren are endgame and nothing will ever come between that.