FORTY-EIGHT

Zach was chilling in Shane and Orens room. He called an emergency meeting because he needed some advice on how to ask out Neveah.

"All I'm saying is keep it short and simple. If you haven't noticed Neve doesn't need anything flashy." Shane told the boy.

"So no billboard or blimp saying Neveah will you be my girlfriend?" Zach asked.

Oren chuckled. "Is that what you were planning? Because dude that's a little much."

"But it'll show the world that I want to—."

"What part of keeping it simple did you not understand?" Shane reminded the boy.

"So no billboard. And blimp?"

"What's up with you and this blimp?" Oren asked the boy.

Zach shrugged. "I got a really good discount from this guy I know but that's not the point. A blimp is not too much. Right?"

Both Shane and Oren shook their heads. "Why do you want to make it so grand and big all of a sudden?" Oren asked.

"I want to show Neveah that I'm not like the other guys she's dated. That I actually care for her for the person that she is not what she shows everyone." Zach explained.

"And you think a blimp will help?" Shane asked.

"Ok maybe not." Zach said, defeated that the only idea he had was thrown away. "So what I do?"

"A simple hey Neveah I've been thinking about you a lot and I know we've been spending a lot of time together and I wanted to ask if you would be my girlfriend." Shane said.

"Ok can you repeat all that so I can record it." Zach said, taking out his phone to record what Shane just said.

"You're hopeless." Shane rolled his eyes. "What about you Oren? When are you gonna ask out Carla?"

"What?" Oren asked, confused.

"Oh c'mon dude. Anyone with eyes can see how insanely in love you are with her." Shane said.

"He's not wrong you know." Zach agreed with him, causing both of them to high five. "And if you're asking for my approval, you have it. These past few weeks you've done nothing but treated Carla like the queen she is."

"I just don't wanna fuck it up again."

"You won't." Zach assured his friend.

"But what if I do huh? Losing her once was the hardest thing and if that happens again I don't know what I'll do."

"At least this time you have us to help you through it. So hurry it up already so we can go on a triple date." Shane said.

"And you're okay with us getting back together?" Oren asked Shane.

Shane nodded. "Why wouldn't I be? Yes I had feelings for you Oren but I would never get in the way of you and Carla. I love her too much. And besides it'll be nice to have my two best friends going out."

"Me and Oren?" Zach said, causing everyone to laugh. "Cmon now that's crazy."

✄-----------------------------

I lowkey wanna do a Zach book but I'm not too sure yet