FORTY-SIX

"Look who's finally out of bed rest." Neveah said as she saw Carla walk into the weight room.

Carla laughed, sitting down next to June, Bette on the other side. "How would you know? You're barely in our room anymore."

Neveah glared at the girl. "Damn. When did you get all sassy?"

"Feeling better?" June asked, causing the girl to nod.

"So what are we talking about?" Carla asked as she started to stretch out her leg.

"They don't want to do anything with the recording. This place is basically trading donations for access to underage girls." Neveah explained.

"They hired us to walk members to their tables, okay?" June said, causing Carla to scoff. "It's not like Madame knew the club had creeps like Travis Quinn."

"Why is Madame even giving you guys a job at the club in the first place?" Carla argued. "Like Neve said, we're underage. Madame is a smart lady so she's definitely hiding something."

"Exactly. I don't get why you're defending our director." Neveah said, getting a little upset.

"Because we're in over our heads." Bette said.

"Except we're not." Neveah said, looking at Carla. "You talked to your dad?"

Carla nodded. "I gave him the recording but still no news yet. It could take some time."

"Well we don't have time. That recording goes public, we get Madame..." Neveah stopped talking when Esme walked by the girls. Once they knew nobody around them was listening, Neveah continued. "We get Madame fired, Hadrian Talbot off the board, and then we rebuild the Archer into something that we're actually proud of."

"Don't you think that's a little too much of an agenda. Talking down Madame is one thing, getting Hadrian off board, I hate to admit it, but Bette's right. We are in over our heads." Carla said, strangely agreeing with her enemy.

"Or we keep our heads down, we might be dancing at City Works Ballet." June said. "But we start taking shots at our school?"

"Our diplomas will be worth dick." Bette exclaimed.

"Plus, we would be a lot more employable with a Ramon Costa ballet on our resumé."

Carla rolled her eyes. "I would rather not have Ramon Costa on my resumé. He's a dick."

"That's because you can actually dance it." Bette said, not looking at the girl.

Carla was confused. Was Bette trying to tell her she should have been the one to dance the solo or was she upset that her injury was keeping her from dancing? Definitely the latter. Right?

"The Wrench said if you keep up physio, you might at least make corps." June pointed out, hope in her voice causing Bette to roll her eyes.

"So we just let Travis keep going after girls? Assaulting them?" Neveah said, not believing her friends aren't with her to take him down.

"We have the recording. He'll be a good boy." Bette said.

"And we already gave it to my dad so there's really nothing left to do." Carla explained.

"Or he'll tell his bestie Monique. So I say we strike first."

"Neve..." Carla tried to talk her friend out of this.

"No, we fight her, we will lose." June pointed out.

"She's right. Nobody has ever been able to take down Madame. She didn't even do shit when you told her about Costa throwing that stress ball at you. What makes you think she'll do anything about this?" Carla said, trying to convince her friend this was the only option.

"All in favor of holding onto the recording until after Ripper?" Bette asked as the 3 girls put their hands up while looking at Neveah.

"Okay. I got it." Neveah said, trying to convince herself to not do something she'll regret.