TWENTY-SEVEN

Later that night, Neveah was telling Carla about what she found. Apparently, Ramon spent the summer with Cassie which upset the girl since Cassie told her she visited her grandparents during the summer. It made her think that she didn't know her best friend as much as she thought she did.

At practice the next day, the girls decided to stand up against Ramon Costa by not dancing which caused him to walk out, angry.

The next day was a new day, and Carla was talking to Shane about her newly obsessed with Hyram.

"Girl I told you to watch him like months ago." Shane complained.

"Yeah I know." Carla said, stretching out her leg. "But that was when I had no pimples in sight. Look at my face now."

"Nothing concealer can't do."

Carla rolled her eyes. "Can't you accept the fact that you were right and I was wrong."

"Oh my god is Carla Chalamet admitting she's wrong for once?"

Carla rolled her eyes again. "Don't get used to it all right." She looked over to see Neveah laughing at something Zach said.

"When are they gonna date already." Shane said.

Carla shrugged her shoulders. "Beats me. The only people who can't see they're meant for each other is themselves."

"It's usually like that." Shane said, sad because he knows the feeling.

"Are you gonna be okay? You know with..."

"It hurts. But I love myself too much to go down that road again. And besides, you and him are endgame and I will not get in the middle of that."

Carla shook her head, but stopped when she saw Ramon Costa enter the studio causing everyone to stand up.

"You thought you'd seen the last of me. But instead of retreating, I've reloaded. I'll be crafting a new Ripper. One approved by the school and inspired by you. I've seen the destruction you're capable of. How you ravage each other's hearts and bodies, and for what?" Ramon Costa explained. "Validation of strangers. A moment in the spotlight. A dream of stardom. The story ballet is gone. There will be no leads, no characters. Costumes and sets and sad, tiny messages all tossed into Lake Michigan. Just a company of dancers, facing their own immeasurable darkness. Because as I've come to see, you are all Jack." Both the Chalamets scoffed, causing Roman Costa to glare at their direction. "Each of you will at some point embody our darkest impulses. You'll each be the killer who seeks to destroy. But how to show when a dancer turns victim and a victim turns cold-blooded killer. I've landed on a simple, yet powerful mantle that each of you will wear while acting out your darkest capacities." He drops the bag on the floor. "And if teenage gossip is any indication, you should all recognize it." He grabs something out his bag to reveal a dark grey jacket with a red zipper.

How the hell did Ramon Costa know the significance of that jacket? Carla needed to rush her father because she was definitely sure Ramon Costa was the one who pushed Cassie off the building. 

✄-----------------------------

So I accidentally published chapter 42 which hopefully nobody saw but yeah I'm already on chapter 42 which means I'm half way done with the book. It's amazing how much you get done when you're home all day😂