Chapter 48: Decisions

I squinted my eyes, trying to make out the figure. Definitely male. He had a black shoulder bag slung across his body. Is that? Aw, come on. I’m all sweaty and disgusting.

I gradually edged closer to the entrance, where Lewis was standing, leaning against a light post. “Well hello there.” I mused, once he could hear me. “How long have you been standing there?”

He looked up at me with smirk. “Long enough to see that you got thrashed.” 

“Hey, I had been working out the entire morning!” I defended myself.

“Oh so it was your fault I have to start my training late.” He laughed, pulling me closer to him. 

I laughed with him. “Just consider it a good time to catch up on your beauty sleep, it seems like you need it.” I sniggered, turning away from him.

He laughed again, hugging me from behind. “Why do I think that no matter how much sleep I get, you will always look better than me.” 

“Probably because it’s true.” I chuckled in his grasp.

He placed a kiss on my forehead. “What are you doing now?”

“Going to have a shower.” I said in an obvious tone. “Then I have a photoshoot.”

“Seems like a packed day.” He whispered in my ear. “Do you think you could squeeze me in?”

“I’ll have to ask Lola.” I turned around so I could face him. “But I’ll let you know, okay?” He nodded. “I’ll hopefully see you tonight, otherwise soon.” I kissed him on the cheek before I ran back over to the tent.

Lola was in the corner, doing something on her phone. “Ready to go?” 

She looked up from her blackberry. “Yeah, let’s go.” She grabbed her stuff and we made our way out of the tent. Didier was there talking to Gabriel. 

“Oh Kayla.” He called. I turned to face him. “Nice working with you again.” He smiled.

I smiled back, giving him a friendly hug. “You too, see you at the Top Model Panel thing.” He nodded before returning back to his conversation with the producer.

Lola and I made our way through the entrance of the track, Lewis had disappeared, and headed towards our car.

The car ride back to my place was silent. Once we pulled up at my house, Lola reminded me. “So I’ll be back at 3 o’clock to pick you up for your photoshoot, okay?”

“Sure.” I opened the door to get out of the car, before pausing. “What time do you think I’ll be finished tonight?”

She weighed out the options in her head. “You’ll probably be home by 8, give or take.”

“Okay, great. See you later.” I hopped out of the car, excited to text Lewis.

I unlocked my front door and before I could even pull out my phone, my mum had come out of the living room with an unnatural grin. “Hey hun.”

I raised my eyebrows at her. “Hey mum.”

“You have a visitor.” This couldn’t be good.

I put my phone away and followed my mum back into the living room, to find Luke sitting there with his knees bopping up and down. I stopped dead in my tracks. 

What? I mean I knew that I would have to deal with this and him sooner or later, but right now. No, I couldn’t do it now. I didn’t know what to say to him. I didn’t know how to tell him.