Chapter 19: Time To Go

When I finished sprinting the last few metres to my front gate, I got a text. Once I had caught my breath, I looked at it. The name that popped up made me smile.

How are you going sweetie? -Luke

Aw that was so cute. Good, just finished my run. - Alice

Isn't that sweet, staying in shape just for me. - Luke

Haha, nice try. - Alice

A man can try. - Luke. I laughed at this.

Well anyway, I'll talk to you soon. I need to relax. - Alice.

He texted back a goodbye and let me be, he knew I wanted to rest for the flight tonight. It was at 11 o'clock that night, I had to sleep on the plane - which is always impossible for me. And ever since the 'revealing the secret' issue, he knew how far he could push his luck.

Ever since yesterday he had been amazing, he helped me with my books, drove me home, texted me goodnight. He definitely showed the signs of having the potential of being the best boyfriend but I couldn't help but laugh, amused at the thought.

When I got inside, sweaty and stinky from my run. I slogged myself up the stairs wanting to take a shower, but when I reached the landing I could hear whimpering coming from Lily's room. Concerned about what might be wrong, I walked up to her door and knocked. There was no answer, so I just went in.

"Lily?" I croaked through the dark room, she sniffled.

She was on the bed, her back facing the door. I slowly approached her. "Are you okay?" She shook her head. "Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" She nodded, as I waited for her to continue.

"No one wants to watch Camp Rock with me." I stared at her, wide eyed. For her age she really did act immature, I mean I was being told what to do and where to go at her age, she should be more responsible. But like the rest of my family, no one wanted her to grow up and I still was a sucker for her big brown eyes.

"I'll watch it with you." I said hesitantly. Her face lit up, immediately.

"Really?" I nodded, she jumped up and down. "I'll go make popcorn, see you down their soon."

She skipped out of the room with mass levels of excitement. Oh great now I have to watch a movie, all I wanted to do was eat and sleep. But not wanting to disappoint Lily, I had a quick shower and put on my navy track pants and black singlet, happy to be clean.

It was strange when I ran around town as Kayla, no one bothered me - probably because they don't have time to double glance at me - but it's a nice change from the gym atmosphere.

As I made my way down the stairs with my wet hair, I could smell the buttery goodness. The lounge was really dark, like a movie theatre. I took a seat on the couch while Lily put the DVD in. She plopped next to me and cuddled up.

The opening song came on, and both Lily and I sang along to the words, as if it was second nature.

Halfway through the movie, there was a ring at the doorbell. Lily continued to watch the movie, while I went to answer it.

"Yes?" I asked, before fully looking at who it was.

"Alice!" I turned my head to see Sami standing in the doorway, so I let her in.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, Luke told me that you were going away tonight so I thought I better get in my goodbye."

Did I have the best friend or what? "Sami, that's so sweet." She hugged me.