Chapter 14: Major Controversy

I walked into school, tiredly. Yesterday was a long day, shopping can really take it out of you. Not to mention my 10 kilometre run. I was exhausted.

I miraculously made it to my locker with no harm done. I successfully got my books and followed, Luke to our English lesson. We took our seats with our smiles plastered on to our faces.

I tired to catch up on a little shut eye before class, but no such luck because the teacher walked in. He placed his briefcase on his desk and looked over the class.

“Luke, Alice you’re up first.” He snapped.

Today was the day our English project was due. I couldn’t believe that this was the reason my secret was discovered, but than again – then I would never of thought of giving it up. I couldn’t wait, to have freedom.

Luke and I got out of our seats and stood in front of the class. “So we got the play Romeo and Juliet, we hope you enjoy.” The lights dimmed and our ‘movie’ showed up on the screen.

It took us only a few days to put together, the editing on the other hand was disastrous. We ended up making three finished projects and eliminated the others as we went along.

The movie began with Romeo seeing Juliet at a friends party. It was so awkward filming that, because we had to go to one of my ‘Kayla’ friend’s parties. After the balcony scene, I knew people would like the next part.

And there it was, all the boys future favourite scenes. Romeo carried Juliet up the stairs – slower and slower, I might add – and plopped me on the bed. I could see the boys eyes behind me widen. Even the teacher got a bit antsy.

Romeo pulled of my dress, revealing my underwear. I ripped of his shirt – revealing his flat stomach. We continued kissing and then there was the knock on the door, I through my sheet over me and Luke plummeted to the floor.

I heard the girls gasp and the boys moan, they obviously wanted more. The rest of the project is filled with snippets of a similar undertake, I thought it was perceived pretty well.

When the film ended there was a loud round of applause, especially from the teacher. He critiqued our work and that was it, done. Before the next presentation started, I over heard someone speaking to Luke. “So how was it?”

“How was what?”

“Making out with Kayla Maceton?”

“Oh that. It was pretty awesome, I could tell she had experience.” What did he just say?

“I can imagine.”

“She was really funny.” That doesn’t make up for it.

“Are you friends with her now?”

“No, Josh just convinced her to do the project. I was surprised she agre-.”

They didn’t get to finish their conversation, as the next project began being displayed. I didn’t bother watching it, all I could think about was what Luke said. ‘I could tell she had experience’, what was that supposed to mean?

The bell rang, waking me from my daze.

I grabbed my books and walked to my locker, ignoring Luke’s constant calls from behind me.

By the time I got out of my History class, it was lunch and I was not looking forward to sitting through a whole hour with Luke. I slowly made my way to my locker, trying to kill as much time as possible.

When I reached the cafeteria there was a massive queue. I thankfully took a spot at the back, when someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was Sami.

“Yes?” I asked.