Chapter 22: All the Prep Work

I was awoken by my alarm clock at 5:30. After a few seconds of trying to block out the horrible sound, with no luck, I fluttered my eyes open. As they adjusted to the harsh light, I found Lola standing over my bed with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"Morning." I said, throwing the blanket off of me.

"Morning."

"Have you had breakfast?"

"No."

"Good, just give me a second. Let me change and then we can go." She nodded in agreement, and began writing emails while I got ready.

I hopped out of bed quickly and headed to the bathroom. I had a quick shower, brushed my teeth and dried my hair. Once I was out I rushed over to the cupboard that help my clothes, in my towel.

I looked over my options before deciding to grab my neon blue, roll up jeans, a simple white singlet and a vibrant orange coloured jacket. After I had put my outfit on, I couldn't decide what shoes I was going to wear with it. I decided on my dark brown, flat gladiators. And to finish it off, I tied my brown hair into a high, sleeked back pony tail.

"Ready?"

Lola looked up from her laptop. "Yeah."

We both got our bags, grabbed our room keys and headed out the door. We made our way down the hall, to the elevator.

Ding. The door opened and we stepped in. As we made our way down to the dining hall, my phone buzzed. It was a text message from Luke.

How's my girl? –Luke

Tired –Alice

What time is it there? –Luke

6, I barely got any sleep –Alice

Shame, hang in there. I know you, you always power through –Luke

Thanks –Alice

Enjoy the rest of your day beautiful –Luke

You too -Alice

The last thing he said made me smile. I am told I am beautiful so constantly that it is nice to know someone actually cares about me when they say it.

The elevator doors opened and Lola and I made our way to get breakfast. We were pleasantly seated by a window. Lola stayed at the table to make sure it wouldn't be taken while I went to go get my meal.

As I made my way to the self-serve buffet, I looked around and saw that there was barely anybody here. Well what else would you expect, its 6 in the morning on a weekend, not many people want to get up at this time.

When I reached the food selection, I chose to get poached eggs and mushrooms. I walked back to my table, allowing Lola to go get her serving.

I waited for Lola to get back before digging in and we ate in silence, enjoying the nice quiet. After we finished our meal, we headed to the foyer so that we could start our marathon of a day.

There was a car waiting for us outside, as well as mounds of photographers and screaming girls. Since most of the angels have their fittings after me, I had to get up the earliest.

I grabbed my sunglasses, ready to face the crowd. Lola went first, trying to clear a path for me, which she did but it was a tight squeeze. I managed to get through the hoard of people and safely make it into the car. Thank goodness the windows were tinted, I didn't want them to be able to see me anymore.

The driver got us out of the views of the people and began driving to the Victoria Secret Headquarters. The drive was a smooth shot with not too many stops thanks to the classic New York traffic.