Chapter 24: It's Showtime

With meetings, interviews, rehearsals and workouts packed in. The rest of the week went by pretty quickly. We got to see what each model was wearing, we had a run through of the show and practiced our quick changes, we were ready.

Today was the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and I could not of been more nervous. Also since my brother was invited this year, I actually had an audience. This only doubled the butterflies in my stomach.

I walked into the building in which the show was to be held and as I proceeded down the hall with Lola following close behind, I kept getting text messages from Luke and the girls wishing me luck. It was so sweet.

"Kayla." I heard someone yell. I looked up from my phone to see my team. My make-up artist, my hairstylist and my changer that helped me with all the quick changes. They have been with me ever since the beginning.

"I'll take that." Lola grabbed my phone.

"Hey."

"You know the rules, no phone. You need to focus and have fun."

"Fine." I groaned. "But tell them to stop texting."

"Will do."

I walked up to my team and gave each of them a hug. As I took a seat I looked around and noticed that my station was placed between Alessadra's and a model who I didn't know the name of. She must be new.

While Alessadra and I's teams started work on our looks we turned to each other. "So what shows are you in this year?" I asked her.

"Weren't you paying attention in rehearsals?"

"I was more worried about my cues." I shuttered.

"Fair enough. I'm in 'Dance Boulevard', the pink section and 'Angel Skies'. What about you?"

"So I'm not the only one who was sidetracked." She laughed. "I'm in 'Cities Secrets', 'Dance Boulevard', 'Seasonal Heaven' and 'Angel Skies."

"You're in a lot of shows this year."

"I know. I'm so excited."

"Well I wouldn't celebrate just yet."

"Why?"

"I was in four segments last year. Let's just say that you are going to be out of breathe."

"Why thank you for that insightful wisdom." I joked. "Are you closing any shows?"

"No, but I'm opening 'Angel Skies'. Are you closing any?"

"Yeah, I get to close 'Cities Secrets'."

"How many wings did you get this year?"

"Two."

"Lucky." She wined. "I only get one."

"Like you can complain."

"True." She laughed only making me giggle, but before we could continue our conversation our stylists pulled our attention to them. We smiled at each other and began to get into our costumes.

My first segment was 'Cities Secrets' and since I was closing the show, I got the biggest wings. Though I don't put my wings on now, its nice to think about. They usually keep the wings by the stage, so they don't get wrecked.

"Ready?" Lisa asked me as I entered my change area.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I said unzipping my boots. Lisa was one of the people that helped me into my outfits. When I stripped I didn't even feel weird about it anymore, I had gotten used to it over the years.

The change area was a fairly large room that had racks upon racks of clothes. Each belonging to a different model. You basically change with everybody looking, but you are in such a rush you don't have time to think about it.