Chapter 7: Fake Romance

Over the course of the night, Richard, Luke and I watched the footy while Diana washed up. I felt kind of bad for Luke, he still had no idea how I knew all this.

"Come on ref that was totally not a mark." Richard yelled.

The Pies were down by a goal with only 1 minute remaining. They had gotten a mark in front of the posts. The kicker was a newbie so I didn't know his name yet, but I did know he was a left footed kicker and the mark was on the right.

Come on just get it in, I pleaded. He took a few steps back and then went for it. It looked like it was heading in but as it lost its height, it would have been close. I was on the edge of the couch, so was Richard.

The ball flies through the air and ends up being a behind. The whistle was blown and that was the end of the game. Richard jumped off of the couch, while I slumped back. So close.

"Good game." Richard said, holding up his hand.

"Good game." I repeated, shaking it. "Well I guess I better get going."

"Wait." Diana called out from the kitchen. "Didn't you want to watch the videos?"

"I am really sorry, I'm just really tired but to make it up to you. Why don't I come over for a girls night and then we can watch them."

She beamed. "I can't let you do that."

"No, I want to. You were all so kind to me tonight, I can at least return the gesture. Plus I want to see the dances."

"Sure, why not. Just tell Luke the details."

"Great. So I guess I will see you, when I see you." I laughed.

They walked me to the door. I said goodbye to the girls and then the parents. As I was walking down the stairs I overheard Richard. "You did good son, she's a keeper." I smiled, I was the best actress.

As I got my keys out Luke caught up with me. "Okay start talking. How did you crack my parents? None of the other girls I have ever brought over were even close."

"Simple, your dad was easy. I know that every guy likes sport, I just had to find out which one it was. Lucky for me, my brother and dad force me watch all the sporting games."

"Okay that explains my dad but how did you know my mum danced."

"I didn't. I tried to think of something that would be common in mums, I even read her biographies on the Internet. Nothing, like I said before she worried me. But when she brought up dance, I played off that and got her where it counted."

"I'm impressed."

"Thought you might be."

"Ha ha ha." He said sarcastically. "So I'll see you tomorrow. Is it okay if I come a little earlier, like around nine?"

"Yeah that should be fine. See you tomorrow." I paused, thinking of something funny. "What, no good night kiss."

He laughed. "If you insist." I was joking but before I could stop him, he pressed his lips on to mine. It was just a quick peck but it still surprised me.

"Okay I'll see you tomorrow then." I said regaining my thoughts.

"Yeah." On that I drove away.

When I got home my feet were killing. I had spent the whole night in high heels. I know I should be used to them but when they're that high and you're in them for hours on end, it starts to hurt.

I finally pulled them off my feet and carried them to my room. When I got inside, I quickly changed but was too tired to get dressed, so fell asleep in my underwear.