Chapter 38: Too Much Testosterone

The next morning, I woke up with a new spring in my step. When my alarm went off to get out of bed, I actually didn't mind. I hopped into the shower and soon went into my walk in wardrobe to pick my outfit for the day. 

It felt so good not having to look through all of my Alice clothes and have to pick something that was semi-flattering yet completely opposite to my style. It felt so good.

I turned my back to that section of my clothes and faced my Kayla section. Obviously I didn't bother taking into consideration my going out clothes with all the long and tight dresses. So I cut that part out.

That left my casual clothes and my comfortable clothes. Not knowing what the weather was like. I went back into my bedroom, still in my towel, to grab my phone and check the temperature. The display showed that it was going to be a comfortable 26*C (79*F). That meant it was shorts weather, yay! 

I hurried back into my wardrobe and changed into navy blue high waisted shorts, my strapless bra under my black crop top, then I put on my sleeveless, turquoise see through, button up shirt, and a pair of my floral heels. I expertedly put my brown hair into natural waves down my shoulders, and finished up with minimal makeup except for a strong red lip to bring the colour of the flowers in my shoes pattern up.

Finally happy with my look, I packed my school books into my brown satchel, slung it over my shoulder and headed down stairs.

I could hear chatter in the dining room. That was unusual, everyone usually just eats breakfast in silence, seeing as most of my family aren't morning people. I went into the kitchen to find it empty. Not thinking much about it, I served myself up with my porridge and strode into the dining room, to find my mum, dad, Josh and Lily, smiling.

All there heads turned when the saw me walk in. "What?" I asked, taking a seat. They all continued to stare at me. "Okay. Fine. Don't tell me." Honestly, I didn't really care. I just didn't like how they all looked so creepily happy.

There was a few moments of silence until my dad recovered from his little stare session. "Alice. You, Josh and Lily are going to be riding to school together today."

I looked at him for a moment, trying to see if I could pin point an emotion. I mean, he let me drive to school on my own the past few days, why let it stop now. I was enjoying my independence. "Any reason why?" I asked, cautiously. I had to approach this in the right way otherwise I would be stripped of my driving privileges.

"We feel it would be best. As it will save us money on fuel, and don't forget about the environment." He chuckled. I nodded, still feeling irritated. But it didn't really matter, I mean Josh was going to be finishing school within the next week, so I would have to drive to school anyway. I thought it best not to push the matter.

The rest of breakfast went by with Lily complaining about her food, my dad cracking stupid jokes, my mum trying to talk to Lily, while Josh and I just kept playing around. We finished up and got our bags for school.

The three of us piled into Josh's BMW and we were off. "So how do you think everything went yesterday?" Josh asked me. "Do you think it will be died down today?"

"I hope so. Yesterday was hard. All I wanted to do was yell at everyone to just leave me alone."

"That doesn't surprise me, you always have been short tempered."

I scowled at him. "Not funny."

We let the conversation drop and allowed Lily to enlighten us on her day yesterday. To be honest I wasn't paying much attention to her, and I could tell that neither was Josh. I guess it was the age difference. I mean there are six years between us and her. We just like different things.