Chapter 31: Help is on the Way

I made my way out of the change room, checking my phone. Lola had sent me a message.

How are you feeling? Any pain. – Lola

I quickly replied back to her before grabbing my bag out of my locker and heading to meet at Josh's car.

On my way to his car, I saw Claudia walking towards me. Not being in the mood to fight with her, I turned around. Unfortunately she caught up to me, but when she forced me to face her, I was surprised to see that she was alone.

"Haven't seen you in a while?" She said.

"Yeah, I've been away."

"Mhm." What was she doing? "I've been needing to talk to you."

I raised my eyebrows. "Why?"

"Because I need your help."

This caught me off guard, why on earth would she ask me for help? There had to be an ultimatum. "With what?" I pondered, cautiously.

"I'm failing two classes."

"And what do you want me to do about it?"

She paused. "Well, I was wondering, since you're smart and all, do you think you could tutor me?"

"Why, after all you've done to me, would I want to help you pass Year 11?"

"I'll pay you."

"I don't need your money. I'm sure there are other people that you can bully into helping you."

"No, my friends will make fun of me. No one can know about this. Please, I'll do anything. I don't want to repeat a year." Well that I understood, considering I am a year older for the year. I'm meant to be a in Year 12, but my parents put me in school a year late.

"Fine...I'll help you."

"Really? Thank you!"

"On one condition."

Her small outburst of excitement faded. "Anything."

"You have to stop hitting on my brother."

"What?" She whined. "Why?"

"Just trust me on this."

She nodded. "So when do we start?"

"How about tomorrow after school at your house?" I asked, not wanting her anywhere near my wardrobe.

"Okay, thanks again." I gave her a curt nod, before turning on my heels and making my way out of the building.

"There you are." Josh said, as I approached the car. "What took you so long?"

"Sorry, I got a little caught up." I quietly hopped into the car, and Josh drove away.

It was a nice quiet drive home, we picked up Lily and then headed into the house. I quickly went into the kitchen to take my medication. And after I made my way up the stairs and into my room. I got off my wig and make up, and changed into something more comfortable. My loose fitting orange sundress, that gathered at my waist and then flowed down to just below my knee.

As I grabbed out my books and was about to set out to do my work, the doorbell rang. I didn't bother getting up, I knew Josh would get it, but before I knew it. "Alice it's for you!" Was being bellowed from down stairs.

"Who is it?" I yelled back.

"Luke!"

Oh thank god, I don't have to change. "Just send him up." A few seconds later, there was a knock on my door. "Come in." At the sound of my voice in walked Luke, in his khaki shorts and graphic shirt. "What are you doing here?" I said, standing up and giving him a peck on the cheek.